• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Good regionals?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heard CHQ was a good place to apply lately....

Time to unpimp ze auto.... Lets get some german engeneering in da hause!

cx747 said:
A friend of mine who was a Freshman with me in college said he was going to pick an unstable/questionable regional, upgrade as fast as possible and then move on. His career progression started at Great Lakes, then Air Wisconsin and when I spoke to him last week he was in PHX in the cockpit of a Southwest 737-700.
Regards
"But why would you actually want to upgrade quickly in one of those old t-ptops when you can fly in the right seat of a new RJ? When are you coming over here?"

If I had a dollar for every time I heard that I'd retire and go speculate on real estate. There's just no love for airplanes with large unducted N1 fans on the front.;)

With the cost of fuel constantly rising two words come to mind.......job security.

flyer172r said:
Maybe we need to have minimums for flightinfo.

It seems like these days there are two kinds of good regionals.

1. The one that you're not reading a lot about on flightinfo or hearing about in the news.
2. Whichever one you're not at. Seems a lot of people have a "grass is greener on the other side" mentality. Which it may be, I know a lot of my co-workers (and myself) think along those lines.

so true! In this industry no news is good news, if you dont hear people bitching about it on flightinfo then its where you want to be... nobody talks about my airline and its a good thing.

I saw a sticker on one of our crewmembers flightbag. He was an A-300 pilot and it said UPS A-300 REGIONAL freighter! That's a big RJ! Good thing it doesn't pay like the rest of the RJ's.

Hope it makes you feel good to come and tell us how superior your paycheck is to all of ours! How about taking a picture of your wife's massive rack and letting us admire that too?

1. Will it ever be enough?
2. I start spending money I don't have when I'm home too much!
3-9. Yup.

Come on over to Skywest. The Kool-aid tastes great!!

cobalt said:
why not think of it like any other job....

wouldn't you want:
1)to be paid well (for what you do, and vs. your peers at similar companies)
2)to have as many days off as possible
3)to have good work schedules/rules
4)good benefits
5)approachable, fair, consistent management
6)to live somewhere you want to (or can commute from)
7)good people to work with
8)safe equipment
9)job security, advancement

ok, the list could go on and on. what is important to you? no job is perfect, certainly no airline job, but I would want as many as possible at any job.

without naming names, there are regionals that have some of these qualities, and others that don't. sadly, #9 is apparently more important to some these days and #1-4 are really taking a hit. Wal-Mart of sorts.

psysicx said:
Why does expressjet continue to upgrade people if there loosing jets?

I've seen a lot of loose stuff at XJT, but it is not our airplanes. New interview qualification for all pilots...

Interviewer: Tell me what happens to a/c when they are taken from your fleet?

Applicant: You loose them!

Interviewer: You're an idiot; get out and open up a dictionary for the 1st time in your life.

LOSE... LOSE... LOSE!!!! AND, XJT is not losing a/c. Announcements are pending on the future plans for those a/c. This horse has truly been beat to death. Didn't anyone see Bryant in the Laker's final second win! XJT is far from going away.

the one that will give you the best quality of life, make a selfish decision and go with it if you hate it then move on after you get some 121 experince.

Latest resources

Back