Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tataki

Hi Fellow instructors,
Just wandering if the Gold Seal Instructor would look good in the resume for the regional airlines.
I am 6 out of 7, i have the min hours for the regional, but maybe stick around for a few months to get the ticket.
Any thoughts?

I don't fly for the regionals but from what I have seen they are desperate for people.... seniority is everything so if you have the mins. I would apply...

Fogging a mirror held under your nose would impress a regional. at 1100 hrs you would be a good catch.

I concur with the above. I have a GS, and it didn't help at all in getting a 121 job. A few months' seniority will do you more good than that stamp ever will.

Nothing you do in a with flight instructing will ever help advance your flying career outside of flight instructing. Not that there's no merit in having things like a gold seal, but there more for you personally than professionally. I've had 135 jobs, 121 jobs, and 91 jobs after flight instructing and NO ONE has ever asked me word one about CFIing.

Resume bullets are great and I applaud any extra effort, but I wouldn't wait around on it if you were ready to get out. That having been said......what are your goals with the regionals? Just be sure that you have a goal going in, because the regionals suck and will make like pretty crappy for a while. I got in because I thought the airlines were where I wanted to be, but I had a goal of 1000 Jet before I moved anywhere. Long story short: I left for corporate with about 990.

GS, no the regionals do not care, heck most of the people doing the interviewing would not even know what it means.

It may be a little thing to make a resume look just a little better, but its not really that big of a deal out side of it being a free CFI renewal.

I personnally would stay and get it. I was very close to qualifying for mine years ago but I let the itch to leave get the best of me. I have always regretted it. You've got the rest of your career to "work" but only a very little time to actually be qualified for the gold seal. I don't think it would add much to the ole' resume but as a personal goal it would be nice to have.

You can go to to a regional anytime......

Latest resources

Back