• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

GoJet... Will it ruin my career?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just make sure that you can give a very good explanation to whom ever is interviewing you at your dream job. Why you made a lateral move.
If it looks like you are the type of person that jumps ship at the first sign of trouble it will not be good.
Most airlines are looking for stable and hard working people. That said, If you do move you could say I was about to downgrade, and Gojets was an oportunity to upgrade to captain quickly so that I meet your airlines mins, then that would possibly help.
Good luck.

The senior Captains and HR evaluators on major airline hiring boards have no idea the difference between one regional and another. If you get the interview you already meet the minimum requirements and at that point it is up to you to convince them that you are a worthwhile hire.

Don't leave one regional for another.

Go overseas. Get on with a corporate outfit. Try and get hired at Spirit or Atlas.

Best of luck to you. Don't sell yourself short.

I'm not selling myself short. I need 600 hours PIC turbine and I will have an interview where I want to go. Going overseas would make me unable to be hired at my goal airline.

Any idea how long one would have to wait for a captain seat at GoJet?

While I don't have any personal experiences with anyone at gojets, I do know a guy who was an Eastern scab. He kept working after the strike. You can ask him if it doesn't matter. He will tell you that he was turned down at EVERY airline interview after that including all 5 of the fractional company's. So maybe being a scab does matter or maybe he just can't interview. Though he did get a street captain job in a different country.

While I don't have any personal experiences with anyone at gojets, I do know a guy who was an Eastern scab. He kept working after the strike. You can ask him if it doesn't matter. He will tell you that he was turned down at EVERY airline interview after that including all 5 of the fractional company's. So maybe being a scab does matter or maybe he just can't interview. Though he did get a street captain job in a different country.

GoJet pilots are not scabs, some may be scum, but not scabs. They will have no issue getting jobs elsewhere, as many have proven. BTW- never a GoJets pilot, but have a friend that worked there previously who is now with Delta.

Stay. The lateral move will cost you more than the time it takes for you to upgrade again.

This career is a long haul and if you reallly want the job(s) you are trying to get your turbine PIC for, you should hold on where you are.

To be really competitive you don't want to have any lateral moves/ship-jumping on your application. Furlough I guess would be an exception.

Good luck whatever route you choose.

For what it's worth no one in the upper food chain of corporate departments cares what regional you worked at. We see Skywest, Mesa, and GoJets guys as the same. Hard working pilots who are looking to move up the ladder.

Latest resources

Back