• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gojet getting 50 seaters!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think he was being sarcastic, there is nothing on that website about these CRJ200s. This is pure flame...

However that doesnt mean its not completely true. I actually think they will be flying CRJ9s for Delta or are in talks about it. Really ....who wants to get into the 50 seat market right now? HK might not be the nicest labor relations CEO, but he sure aint stupid.

Regional flying does not belong to regionals, the mainline carrier can do as they see fit. That is the stark reality of the situation for regional airlines.

Last edited:
Lets also not forget that you had to interview to go over to GO***. They were only going to take who they wanted. Period. End of story. Look at who went over and that is fuc*ing obvious. TSA management lackeys and loser lifers. I was at TSA for 5 years and if I would have gone over I would have taken a pay cut to fly a larger aircraft. They max longevity was 5 years. The senior guys at TSA had been there for 10 years. Thank god I left 3 years ago.

Well I was ashamed I voted YES back in the day cause I knew this day would come. But in my eyes we would have lost the battle but had a chance to win the war 4 years later with more leverage in negotiations. That being said, TSA will not go away, they will turn into what GoJet is in the far future. GoJet will have all the flying as TSA has 5 or so 145's flying. And come negotiations for GoJet management will do the same thing and move flying to TSA. And the cycle will continue. In the movie Speed, Reeve's said take the hostage out of the equation. Simple, that place sucks. Just F-ing leave!. You will never win.
Frank was really right.

Go-Jets is not going to have any trouble filling pilot seats. There are so many furloughed pilots out there with limited jobs available. I have several friends that have lost their homes, medical insurance etc... These guys/gals are not interested in this petty TSA vs. GoJets squabble, they simply need jobs to survive. I suggest you suspend this idiotic regional airline cry baby behavior until the economy improves. Nobody cares, or will give you ANY respect. Remember furloughed pilots once recalled at many airlines DO have imput on who gets hired. KARMA my fellow pilots, KARMA...

I suggest you suspend this idiotic regional airline cry baby behavior until the economy improves. Nobody cares, or will give you ANY respect. ...

Funny how someone who was not so long ago flying the WSCoD for a regional airline suddenly thinks that flying a Boeing gives them the right to be condescending. Like it or not, we're all in the same profession together...

Go-Jets is not going to have any trouble filling pilot seats. There are so many furloughed pilots out there with limited jobs available. I have several friends that have lost their homes, medical insurance etc... These guys/gals are not interested in this petty TSA vs. GoJets squabble, they simply need jobs to survive. I suggest you suspend this idiotic regional airline cry baby behavior until the economy improves. Nobody cares, or will give you ANY respect. Remember furloughed pilots once recalled at many airlines DO have imput on who gets hired. KARMA my fellow pilots, KARMA...

Ok.... 2 months of 1000 per month during training. No housing allowance until AFTER you pass IOE. Monthly guarantee after taxes equates to about 1200 per month. Even if you have 19000 hours and have flown the 757 or 747 or whatever, there is NO upgrading, plenty more with seniority. Airport reserve as an FO for a long time..

My point?? You can make more throwing boxes at UPS or taking orders at the applebees than you will working at Gojet. Your argument is MONEY, no more MONEY, then you don't have to resort to regional FO flying. Because all that does is fix the issue of being current not the issue of paying your mortgage and what your wife with the Audi or 2 kids were used to when you did work at United, ATA or whatever other major airline who has furloughed. I can't belive there are furloughed mainline going back to regional right seat. You can make more and be home if you worked at McDonlads. Leave these FO jobs for the starving CFIs with lots of debt, you've had your fun.

Last edited:

Also.. let's say, speaking hypothetically, that when you were at CHQ Mr. Bedford had decided to take all of those 170's and put them not only on a seperate operating certificate but hire seperate pilots with a seperate seniority list to fly them. Let's say this part of the company continued to grow while people were furloughed from your seniority list. Let's say that you had been the victim of an alter ego airline.. would your opinion on this whole thing still be so nonschalant? I'm thinking that you're only willing to brush this whole thing under the rug because you were not personally affected by it.. and to top it off you use a condescending tone in your post as if you are now an almighty Boeing pilot looking down on us childish RJ pilots bickering at each other. That's just wrong bud.. no matter how you try to slice it.

Last edited:
I too have moved on. But people do care. I was asked about it on 2 major interviews. Ironically my opinion didn't matter all that matters is how you dealt with it, what you learned, if you hold a grudge. Character. No one is in position to say how much they think they are worth as a pilot. Make no mistake about it I'm not pro-GoJet but if you flying is all you know, like most of us, then get paid. Go take care of your family. Do what you have to do. All I learned is it's a lot of work being pissed off about stuff in the past.

Latest resources

Back