Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Going cheap on Recurrent BE20 Training..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

H.Agenda

It already sounds like a bad idea..

I was already considering telling the boss that we should go to recurrent twice a year because we really dont fly that often.

A few days ago the boss received a flyer in the mail about King air training out of ARR in a Chicago suburb. Has anyone heard of this organization?

www.glasssimulator.com

feedback and comments greatly appreciated!

Contact your insurance carrier. Ask them what they think of the training provider that you are considering. Not every training provider is acceptable.

Here is another place you can go cheap, and they meet most insurance requirements. But, as Hawker said, first, run them by your insurance company.

http://www.rtcpilot.com/

Speaking of cutting costs... company just ticked off pilot group by instituting one day BE20 ground followed by 2 days C90 FTD for BE20 annual recurrent. Can't believe insurance signed off on this.

Bad idea.

Sounds like it's time to get out. I can stomach cuts but not in training.

Its not like that. The decision is mine and if the training is adequate, I think I may go to recurrent twice a year.. Once at simulflite, and the other at the mom and pop BE20 simulator.

I went to RTC once several years ago. It was a joke and a total waste of money. You'll get better training from MicroSoft. The sims(?) were crap, and when I asked the instructor how many hours he actually had in the a/c, he said "You'd be surprised." I wasn't, when he told me he had about 5 hours, and then he seriously said "I read all the manuals". Total waste of time and money, but my employer at the time got the proverbial check in the training box to satisfy the insurance company.

Latest resources

Back