Go!'s maintenance in Hawaii

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HAL

I am not trying to start a flame thread, but merely looking for some factual information. A friend was jumseating on Go! last week and saw a cockpit loaded with 'inop' stickers. He asked the crew where their maintenance was done and they just laughed.

Our own FAA personel each say something different about where Go! does their maintenance, mainly because they don't have anything to do with them. Go! is supervised by the Phoenix FAA office. One of our local guys said it was on the south ramp in HNL, but we don't know of any MX facilities for Go! there. Another said in Hilo, but same story.

Quite simply, I'd like to know where, when, and by whom, the Go! RJ's are getting their maintenance done, and I'm talking about more than the guy who does a walkaround at night with a flashlight and puts 'deferred' stickers in the logbooks.

Thanks.

HAL

They don't need no steenking maintanence!!!!

Hey HAL--

Well, I found out that they do have a "hanger" if you want to call it that. Its right across from the old circle rainbow building. I have yet to see any airplanes in there yet but they have built something temporarily apparently...the big white tents like they use for parties. Also, noticed that they had about 6 guys working on an airplane this past sunday along the side road...they were under the wing so the rain/sun didnt bother their busy workload. I have no idea what they were doin under there but did notice that another a/c has a Am West Ex color on their left wing.
I also talked to some aloha people and they have said that their loads out of KOA have been ridiculously low...FYI.

On tangent, did you see the article in the Starbulletin on 2/16? PW and JO goin at it baby...love the last paragraph.

They get pressure washed every few nights, so at least they look good. And the pax can't see all the colorful stickers.

I saw that portable hangar they put by circle rainbow. I thought it was a baby luau in the works. Damn, no free food.

The PHX FSDO does not over see Mesa, DAL does. And all heavy checks are done on the mainland. That MX are there for the little stuff.

Yeah, heavy checks are done on the mainland, but up until this beautiful display of craftsmanship was constructed, where did the mechanics replace generators, hydraulic pumps, and tires? On Elliot Street?

The PHX FSDO does not over see Mesa, DAL does. And all heavy checks are done on the mainland. That MX are there for the little stuff.

So you're telling us that they ferry those -200s to the mainland with tanks in them for MX???? What a huge waste of money that must be.

Latest resources

Back