Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

propilot

Go Sioux!
Alright, try not to tear me apart too much, but what's the real deal with this place? I've read most everything on here over the years, my curiosity extends to the current need for direct hire captains. What kind of schedule are they flying, how bad is it really to get a jumpseat( I live in MSP) I'm being furloughed from the 744 on the 29th, and have no desire to make regional FO wages... Is it worth the pain and suffering... FWIW I've already lined up a King Air captain position, I'm just exploring my other options.

I upgraded on my 1 yr anniversary, schedule is a pref bid set up. I usually got what I wanted when I was not on reserve. Only had 2 months reserve when I got hired. I don't think they are hiring DEC's anymore or CQfo's either. Open RDU base on april 15th.
I heard all kinds of rumors when I was thinking about Gojet. After 13 months, I have not had a single problem. We'll see now that I have upgraded. The folks that complain the most are those on furlough from main line. It's actually better than where I came from. Just operate the aircraft by their gom and your golden.
It's a hard decision to drop to first yr fo pay. But upgrades are fast. We have about 50+ united furloughs and they are slowly being called back so there is movement and the 12 planes coming for the delta flying. New hire classes were running 30 to 40 people. My only complaint is sitting reserve in stl as a new captain, but I wont be there long.
Hope that helps. I'm happy, and that's all that matters.

I upgraded on my 1 yr anniversary, schedule is a pref bid set up. I usually got what I wanted when I was not on reserve. Only had 2 months reserve when I got hired. I don't think they are hiring DEC's anymore or CQfo's either. Open RDU base on april 15th.
I heard all kinds of rumors when I was thinking about Gojet. After 13 months, I have not had a single problem. We'll see now that I have upgraded. The folks that complain the most are those on furlough from main line. It's actually better than where I came from. Just operate the aircraft by their gom and your golden.
It's a hard decision to drop to first yr fo pay. But upgrades are fast. We have about 50+ united furloughs and they are slowly being called back so there is movement and the 12 planes coming for the delta flying. New hire classes were running 30 to 40 people. My only complaint is sitting reserve in stl as a new captain, but I wont be there long.
Hope that helps. I'm happy, and that's all that matters.

You are PERFECT for GoJet........

I see this time and time again. People arguing over bottom feeder airlines etc. The fact is that when you get your time and go to an interview at a Major, the interview panel doesn't give a crap where you built your time. In fact, you will probably progress faster than they guy who took the job at the company with the higher pay and benefits.

In this self-serving industry, until the guys who do interviews at the majors make those jobs dead end, nothing is going to change. I think we all know that won't happen because nobody cares after they get their golden ticket.

In this self-serving industry, until the guys who do interviews at the majors make those jobs dead end, nothing is going to change. I think we all know that won't happen because nobody cares after they get their golden ticket.

What is the color of the sky in your world? Do you think these same individuals should be running the airline?

The Airlines love to farm out flying. Why would they punish the ones that are doing the flying. If anything the ones doing the flying should get priority interviewing .

You live in a dream world, if you thing some angry pilots should be doing the interviewing.

You kill me with your thinking

Latest resources

Back