• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Global 5000 Lands short in Carribean??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I overheard our chief of mx say that it was a new 5000 and it happened in St. Kitts. I didn't have time to get any details.

How is that possible in St. Kitts? The terrain illusion on runway 7 makes you think you are too low. This usually results in a climb on short final followed by a long landing.

Were they landing on 25? I have only landed that way once and there is a nice little cliff there.

How is this possible.. Unless the aircraft runs out of gas and is a glider, I don't understand how a pilot can land short of a runway. But then, I have only been flying for 20 years. I have never been on final for a runway and thought to myself, "you know, that is a good looking piece of asphalt but the rocks and sand and grass immediately in front of it are sooooo tempting that I just can't resist."

have you ever flown a big airplane into a short field. it can happen. i wouldn't throw stones in a glass house.

How is this possible.. Unless the aircraft runs out of gas and is a glider, I don't understand how a pilot can land short of a runway. But then, I have only been flying for 20 years. I have never been on final for a runway and thought to myself, "you know, that is a good looking piece of asphalt but the rocks and sand and grass immediately in front of it are sooooo tempting that I just can't resist."

And what would this have to do with a global 5000. this isn't a big airplane and St. Kitts isn't a small airfield.

ok, i'll give you the point that it wasn't a short field. i was bugged by your initial comment. seemed a bit arrogant.

What is the field length at St. Kitts? And what do you mean a GLEX 5000 isn't a big airplane....this is the corporate forum, isn't it? Compared to the airlines, nothing in corporate is BIG.....it's all relative.

As far as throwing stones in a glass house....I would seriously consider heeding that warning....it may not be the instance of landing short, but what happens if you pull some other boner move?......At 3200 hours, you really haven't been around the block, and you're not that cool!

Latest resources

Back