Glider Training Near Ohio

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CrewDawg

Anyone know of any places in this part of the U.S. that does glider training packages. I am looking to get my glider add-on to my commercial by the end of the month. I would just rather not join a club this late in the season plus I am going to be leaving the area for, at least, a few years for flight training. Thanks!

Don't know, mostly clubs in Ohio and it's all thermaling around here, meaning no lift=short flights. There's only two Glider DE's in the whole state.

Is Tennessee near enough to Ohio for you? If so check with these folks http://www.chilhowee.com/

Last edited:
MJG said:
Don't know, mostly clubs in Ohio and it's all thermaling around here, meaning no lift=short flights. There's only two Glider DE's in the whole state.

Is Tennessee near enough to Ohio for you? If so check with these folks http://www.chilhowee.com/

I figured that was the case. Thanks for the reply and the link!

Try Marion Municipal (MNN) in Central Ohio. They always seem to have tons of glider activity going on when I try to go there. Also, I *think* my old boss is a glider DE...he's in Columbus...Try 614-292-5614 and ask for Larry. If not, he'll know of some places in Ohio to try.

Check "Where to Fly?" on ssa.org

Sort of close to NW Ohio is Kendalville Flying Service in Kendalville, Indiana (May thru October). North of Ft. Wayne on Hwy 3. Nice people.

Last edited:
You can get your motorglider rating at Clermont County (I69) in Batavia (southeast OH near Cincy)

A little off topic but doesn't Neil Armstrong fly out of a club somewhere in Ohio? I heard he has (had?) a Libelle.

tuna pimp said:
A little off topic but doesn't Neil Armstrong fly out of a club somewhere in Ohio? I heard he has (had?) a Libelle.

Don't know about his flying habits....he's pretty reclusive...he won't even give autographs to kids.....but he lives in Lebanon (halfway between Cincy and Dayton)....near Lebanon Airport (I68)

Thanks for all the replies, I appreciate all the help! 727gm thanks for that, I think I might head over there, they seem like nice people and run 7 days a week which is good for my schedule.

Latest resources

Back