Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mar

Remember this one?
I just want to say that every time I browse the Major's board I feel proud to have made a career out of flying old broken down freighters.

Can I get an amen?

I wouldn't mind flying a broken down 747 freighter.... I wouldnt mind having 9500 hours either!

but here's your AMEN!

I definately see the allure in flying beat up freighters, the rawness of it all.

Although most of the freighters I fly are not that old and definately not beat up, I'm so glad I don't fly passengers.

It was a great and valuable learning experience during the 5+ years I did it, and there were many stories to be able to tell the grandkids someday. And...

I AM SO GLAD I DON'T HAVE TO DO IT ANYMORE!!!

I had a dream recently where I showed up to fly a trip in my current job, and for some reason they told me I would have to fly one of the old Lear 24s from my prior freight job. It was at night, IFR, stormy, inop radar, inop A/P etc. etc. I was quite depressed until I woke up, and then quite relieved. I also recently got a pop-up rescue trip at 11:30 p.m., which has never happened with this job. Talk about post-traumatic stress syndrome!

mar said:
I just want to say that every time I browse the Major's board I feel proud to have made a career out of flying old broken down freighters.

Can I get an amen?

Here's an amen for you brother!

LONG LIVE THE FREIGHT DAWGS!

You got my AMEN, wouldn't want to build a few thousand hours any other way. I don't think I want to do it for the rest of my life, but then again, I wouldn't mind it either. Long Live The Freight Dogs!

Latest resources

Back