Getting 7/7 after your first quarter at NJ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CRJFlyer

How much luck have guys/girls had at getting 7/7 the first available bid after indoc? I'm starting in Oct. and may try to find part time work for extra $. The 7/7 would definitely make it much easier.

Has anyone had any trouble getting the 7/7 schedule after their first quarter of reserve?

Oh I forgot, I'll be on the X if it makes a difference.

Thanks

How much luck have guys/girls had at getting 7/7 the first available bid after indoc?

There's a very good possibility you'll get it if you want it. In fact, when I first started (in the Excel), I bid to stay on reserve my first full quarter, and was bumped off it by senior people! You'll likely get the 7/7 schedule. The reserve money's nice, but the 7/7 schedule is really nice too. I haven't re-bid the reserve since I started flying the line on the 7/7.

Keep in mind that you won't be eligible for the normal schedule until you've finished all your training, the paperwork's done, and you're released to start IOE. That whole process might take a few months.

Good luck, and welcome!

Actually, you are allowed to bid if you haven't been released to IOE if you've been waiting two weeks after indoc and sim are complete. They aren't penalizing pilots for scheduling being slow to get them into IOE. At least this was the case a year and half ago when I was waiting.

I'm not sure what you plan on doing outside NJA to make money, but it is pretty easy to just do the reserve schedule for an extra $6000 your first year. From what I've heard the average use is 16 days a month on the reserve schedule verses 15.3 days per month on average for 7 and 7.

Actually, you are allowed to bid if you haven't been released to IOE if you've been waiting two weeks after indoc and sim are complete. They aren't penalizing pilots for scheduling being slow to get them into IOE. At least this was the case a year and half ago when I was waiting.

For all the new hires: As long as we are in an open bidding period, you may bid for your schedule and the company will award it to you any time starting from day one on the property. The caviat is that you will not be assigned to the new schedule until you are released to IOE or 10 days after completion of Indoc & Sim training.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
How much luck have guys/girls had at getting 7/7 the first available bid after indoc? I'm starting in Oct. and may try to find part time work for extra $. The 7/7 would definitely make it much easier.

Has anyone had any trouble getting the 7/7 schedule after their first quarter of reserve?

Oh I forgot, I'll be on the X if it makes a difference.

Thanks

CRJFlyer,

Welcome! The 7&7 schedule is the default "normal" schedule! Therefore, you will get the 7&7 schedule once you get into the normal bidding cycle -- well, unless you want the reserve schedule. There is an unlikely situation in which you might be forced ("junior manned") onto the reserve schedule; however, I have not heard of this happening since the first 2 schedule cycles under CBA2005.

Hope this helps.

And to add to that for your information for later, CRJFlyer, one must bid to remain on the reserve schedule. That means that if you don't submit a bid for the reserve, you'll default to a 7/7 bid for the next quarter that you are eligible to bid.

By the way, as you may already know, the start days for the 7/7 vary by fleet. I think the X has start days on Wed, Sat and Sun.

Thanks for the replies...

I'm hoping to be done with sim by mid-Nov. or at the very least end of Nov. I was planning on trying to fly part time (2 days on the off week) where I'm at now. If it works out there is a chance that I could have a base salary more than the reserve schedule..?? Who knows how my current company will react when I proposition them for part time. The owner holds grudges and doesn't like pilots all that much (except of course his 2 fav. suckups). But I'm gonna offer it up anyways.

Anyone have any experience in the part time pilot area?

Thanks

How will he bid if the bidding for Nov-Jan closes next week? There should be no problem bidding for Feb-Apr, though.

I was hoping to be able to bid for Feb-Apr...(I thought it would be Jan-Mar, oh well) when will the Feb-Apr bid close?(approx.)

Latest resources

Back