• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Get noticed and fly!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mesa Airlines Pilot Development in Farmington, NM has an ATP course where essentially it is a couple hours sim time prep, a couple hours in the Baron, and then the checkride. Upon successful completion you are given an interview. Seeing how much they are hiring and how fast their pool is shrinking this is a low cost to get your ATP plus a straightforward shot at getting hired. Good luck.

Resume spam campaign

You are certainly trying hard enough if you're sending as many resumes per month as you say. Are you sending to the same people over and over or to different companies? You should be doing both. Also, apply to any place for which you are even remotely or marginally qualified.

If you're applying to commuters, your quals aren't bad, but you're slightly light on multi to be competitive in light of the rest of the hiring pool. Getting your ATP would help.

The long and short of it is no one really is hiring. Not hearing from anyone is all part of the process. Take it from someone who knows. Just keep trying. Also, be sure that you have the address of every operator in creation.

Here's a link to another thread where this is also being discussed.

Good luck with your efforts and try to be patient. I know that sounds like Kit's garbage, but you really have no choice right now.

Don't P-F-T.

Last edited:
as a new hire fo, i was told an atp didn't matter...because you got it for free on the first type ride....

anyone agree?

ATP

Having the ATP did matter several years ago. Several commuters required it. In any event, you should always present the best credentials possible. The ATP is one of them. It may be enough to give you that ever so slight advantage over someone.

GeneralTSO...what you have just described IS networking! Before you knock something, at least have a grasp as to what it is. Jetblast, generaltso is right, however. Network through your old co-workers who have gone on to better places and see if they can help.

I just associate the word networking with "kissing ass". People say get out there and network. That is b.s. if you are a nice enough guy you will make friends in the industry. The term networking is like "hey pretend to like someone so they will help you out".

I think the main thing is that when you are at a job you will make friends with some people. Keep in touch with those people, they may be able to help you out later - or you may be able to help them out later.

Old co-workers is where its at.

generaltso said:
I think the main thing is that when you are at a job you will make friends with some people. Keep in touch with those people, they may be able to help you out later - or you may be able to help them out later.

Old co-workers is where its at.

that, young g'wasshoppa, is a textbook definition of "networking" ;)

ref Websters 1999 version; see also; network n a closely linked group of people, companies, etc.

im unsure as to how you confuse networking with @$$ kissing...thats a whole other ball of wax :confused:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back