• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Germanwings plane crashed intentionally by F/O

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You really think that a 24 year old cabin attendant on the cockpit will prevent an individual committed on mass murder from carrying out his plans?

Yes! Most of the time. Look at post #87: >> We mitigate risks in our business, we cannot always eliminate them, lest you'll never leave the gate.<<

To expand on my post #88: The F/A's recurrent training will have some additional stuff. My guesses: While in the cockpit you will notice the flying pilot will always have his (her) lap belt connected. Know where the axe is and make sure it stays stowed. The pilot has no need to un-latch his belt or reach for the axe. Be ready to open the door on a moments notice if you suspect anything with the flying pilot.

I would suggest that this would indeed greatly reduce the chances for a suicidal pilot crash to a drastically low level. And it's ALREADY very, very low.

Yes! Most of the time. Look at post #87: >> We mitigate risks in our business, we cannot always eliminate them, lest you'll never leave the gate.<<

To expand on my post #88: The F/A's recurrent training will have some additional stuff. My guesses: While in the cockpit you will notice the flying pilot will always have his (her) lap belt connected. Know where the axe is and make sure it stays stowed. The pilot has no need to un-latch his belt or reach for the axe. Be ready to open the door on a moments notice if you suspect anything with the flying pilot.

I would suggest that this would indeed greatly reduce the chances for a suicidal pilot crash to a drastically low level. And it's ALREADY very, very low.

And what about the suicidal flight attendant........hmmmmmm?

The procedure will be for each cockpit occupant to have an axe "at the ready". If the FA comes forward of a red-taped line or the pilot goes for his/her seat belt...game on.

"All we want is life beyond the Thunderdome...."

Latest resources

Back