• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

General Lee is being sued!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I really find it hard to believe what I've just read - you can take beer from the plANE????

Whoa hold on a second here, let me get something straight here.....................was he wearing his hat when all this happened?

The days of crew members drinking while in ANY company capacity (read company capacity as: who is paying for your hotel room?) will be over during this decade...guaranteed.

The FAR's will have to change first. Rest is considered "free from all present responsibility to the company". I show up for duty on time and sober, what I do with my rest time is my business.

pilot contacts are often more restrictive than the FARs.

some airline contracts prohibit booze 12 hours prior to show.

Alaska Airlines prohibits booze on the same calender day as your duty day. Example, you get to your overnite at 11pm, and have a show the following nite at 10pm. You have to stop drinking at midnite, even though you are 22 hours prior to show.

Last edited:
pilot contacts are often more restrictive than the FARs.

some airline contracts prohibit booze 12 hours prior to show.

Alaska Airlines prohibits booze on the same calender day as your duty day. Example, you get to your overnite at 11pm, and have a show the following nite at 10pm. You have to stop drinking at midnite, even though you are 22 hours prior to show.

that sucks

The days of crew members drinking while in ANY company capacity (read company capacity as: who is paying for your hotel room?) will be over during this decade...guaranteed.

Wanna bet? Say, a nice bottle of Cabernet?

But General said that he/she gets to go to far-off lands drinking and eating local beer and food? Sounds like these Delta boys fly 10,000 miles away to drink stolen Miller Light? They probably were eating left-over McDonalds from the KATL.

BTW, how many days a month does a Reserve Delta pilot get off?

Is SWA's long call 12 hours?

Latest resources

Back