• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gemini Air Cargo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I work at Gemini, great place.. Pay isn't that bad...start at $45 second year $67 There are Captains last year that (worked their ass off) made over $200.000. If you want to work you can make some good overtime.
Homebasing, expect to fly about 7-10 days a month. 12 days off in a row. If you live in south florida you will be home about 20 days a month. Extremely nice people. Backed by huge amounts of money..

Do you fly a lot to Quito (UIO) or other fun places like that? Are they mainly turns or do you have layovers? How about MAC stuff lately to Europe?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Sorry, I doubled the post.

Ciao for now said:
Backed by huge amounts of money..

Now that is a recipe for success these days!

Ciao for now said:
I work at Gemini, great place.. Pay isn't that bad...start at $45 second year $67 There are Captains last year that (worked their ass off) made over $200.000. If you want to work you can make some good overtime.
Homebasing, expect to fly about 7-10 days a month. 12 days off in a row. If you live in south florida you will be home about 20 days a month. Extremely nice people. Backed by huge amounts of money..

This is a little misleading - you are indeed home based but if you don't live in South Florida area (where all the current contracts are) that's not quite how it works out. You will be travelled to sit reserve for the entire 19 days wherever the airplanes are (mostly FL for now on the DC-10). The "home based" part is that you don't have to commute - they position you and provide your hotel and per diem.

Money behind GAC is the Carlyle Group (Billions and billions....). I have family there, met some pilots and some upper mgmt - seems like a very decent company to me.

Sceduling has the choice to let you sit homereserve while in your reserve days even if you live somewhere away from Miami. Of course you get to spend more time at home if you live close to Miami. Callout is 3 1/2 hours or 12 hours while on reserve. If you do live away from Miami, they will positive space you to and from work, pay for your hotel and per diem 24/7. No longer 19 day scedules but 18 days now. Will go down to 17 or 16 days later. Most of the flying for the DC-10's is out of Miami right now, but the company is trying to get some DC-10's away from there. Actually, expect to hear an announcement later this week about a big new contract away from MIA.

Ciao for now said:
Sceduling has the choice to let you sit homereserve while in your reserve days even if you live somewhere away from Miami. Of course you get to spend more time at home if you live close to Miami. Callout is 3 1/2 hours or 12 hours while on reserve. If you do live away from Miami, they will positive space you to and from work, pay for your hotel and per diem 24/7. No longer 19 day scedules but 18 days now. Will go down to 17 or 16 days later. Most of the flying for the DC-10's is out of Miami right now, but the company is trying to get some DC-10's away from there. Actually, expect to hear an announcement later this week about a big new contract away from MIA.

Sounds like a good deal to me! No commuter anxiety, no crashad ...

Guess I'll continue with the weekly faxing and mailings.

Do they attend job fairs?

Latest resources

Back