• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gary Kelly's ATN Comments at Message To The Field

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And with all that time you couldnt get hired by one of the better airlines nor your bud? Nobody was hiring, you were furloughed you really only wanted to work at AAI. Just askin.

Just like a guy I flew with that is at AAI. Only had 3000 hrs, very little TPIC, what he did have he penciled in (I know he logged PIC when I was the CA), no college. But his mommy worked in the AAI office and helped him get hired. We all have them. Just some more then others.

Every Airline has it's nepotism pilots, good for them. It's hardly ever what you know but who. As far as the rest of your statement, When asked what's the best airline to work for I usually say "the one that offers you a job". For some the grass will always greener on the other side, but I have found it's usually thicker and harder to mow.

Is flynvixen really a SWA pilot? If he is, then he can answer this question. What is the last bulletin issued for the Ops Binder? Number or title is fine.

Is flynvixen really a SWA pilot? If he is, then he can answer this question. What is the last bulletin issued for the Ops Binder? Number or title is fine.

Haha-
The troll has been called out- but remember- he can find that out w/ a phone call if he's a pilot- if he's a punk riddle rat maybe he'll call his dad.

Bottom line AAI guys- he doesn't remotely speak for the vast majority of us-

Stay calm- stay tuned- both sides are well represented- let em work-

And with all that time you couldnt get hired by one of the better airlines nor your bud? Nobody was hiring, you were furloughed you really only wanted to work at AAI. Just askin.

Just like a guy I flew with that is at AAI. Only had 3000 hrs, very little TPIC, what he did have he penciled in (I know he logged PIC when I was the CA), no college. But his mommy worked in the AAI office and helped him get hired. We all have them. Just some more then others.

Long story short, you wake up one day and you find out your unemployed. Getting another job becomes your main focus, and with friends at AirTran I was able to get in quick. Company was making money, growth planned, aircraft orders etc...Fast forward a couple months, oil spikes and the economy is in the tank. The rest is history...

So are you done with your alter ego?

Long story short, you wake up one day and you find out your unemployed. Getting another job becomes your main focus, and with friends at AirTran I was able to get in quick. Company was making money, growth planned, aircraft orders etc...Fast forward a couple months, oil spikes and the economy is in the tank. The rest is history...

So are you done with your alter ego?

Hey Carl

Check it out, that's not my quote,

So are you done with your alter ego ???

Not to high jack the thread, but if a FO is typed and is the sole manipulator of the controls can s/he log that as PIC?

If so, than couldn't both the Captain and FO log PIC at the same times as the Captain isn't the sole manipulator of the controls but, of course, is designated as the PIC?

Not to high jack the thread, but if a FO is typed and is the sole manipulator of the controls can s/he log that as PIC?

If so, than couldn't both the Captain and FO log PIC at the same times as the Captain isn't the sole manipulator of the controls but, of course, is designated as the PIC?

No.

Gup

Hey Carl

Check it out, that's not my quote,

So are you done with your alter ego ???

LOL, sometimes I wish I had one. There are times when I'd like to go keyboard commando, but it's not worth it. I find using my name helps me to treat people with the same respect I would if the conversation were in person. Hiding behind a screen name helps some people say things they would never face to face.

I'm not sure if your vixen or what, but I highly doubt your a SWA pilot since I've known several and they are class guys.

Latest resources

Back