• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

G200s at Netjets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At first I thought the Galaxy was an odd looking airplane. Now, I kinda like it - I like its sloped nose. I saw one take off a few months ago and was impressed with its takeoff performance.

I have a friend at NJA who sat in the cockpit of one of the new Galaxy aircraft in Scottsdale a few days ago - he was really impressed with the width of the cockpit and its "simplicity" of systems.

Anyone out there fly one? What are your opinions? I know that G200 (Flightinfo poster) doesn't care much for them. How does it compare from a comfort and performance point of view? Can you fly it from Europe (say Frankfurt or Madrid) to NYC - does it have good range against average winds?

I'd bid it if I worked for NJA!!!!!! Looks cool to me! What do current Galaxy pilots think about it?

Last edited:
NOW NOW..

I dont HATE the airplane...when it runs its a pretty comfy plane with good performance and a nice cabin for the folks in back.

It has had MAJOR MX issues since coming online, but I hear they may be getting better (as any new product)

The one I flew left us stranded countless times, to the point that the owner abadoned it less than 1 yr into owning it. Not good for job security. More than a few were simply left in MX and the lawyers are sorting it out...

Madird/Paris to NYC? NOPE. unless the winds were completly dead. London-Gander or Bangor...most times....Longest I had one in the air was 6+45. Sure you may stay up longer at .67 or something...NY-London sure....much further east usually requires a stop in CYQX for fuel...trips Eastern Europe or Russia are best turned through Iceland...

It is a comfy cockpit, full fadec is nice. Good A/C in hot wx. Decent performance even heavy. It does have a half assed Astra wing with all sorts of lift devices so flap or slat problems could get hectic...but have not heard of many of those.....

Some of the major MX items I recall ---- starter/generators - average lasts 75-125 hrs. Gear Actuators - (one had to land with a not locked indication) - FUEL LEAKS (major problems here)
very shoddy completions also....

BUT, like I said, when it did run it was a pretty good plane for 20 million ( I guess) Its surely not a true International airplane, but a very good coast to coast domestic ride.

I see the biggest advantage of the G200 is that when it breaks Gulfstream comes and picks your owner up in a GIVSP or a GV (REAL Gulfstreams) and many of these guys turn around and buy these real planes.......but.......that dont do you any good at 0300 with a dead starter in BIKF right???

Yours Truly,

someone who spent WAY too much time in KDAL service center

I'm in the G200 program at NetJets. We have three on line now. The number to be added will depend on sales. Original projection I was told was 12 more for this year, and then it was cut to six (for the rest of 2003).

I'm still in training, and have thus only flown the actual airplane twice. Be that as it may, I like it. Like any airplane it has good points and bad points. Some of it's systems are positively ingenious.

Gulfstream is working hard to fix the systemic maintenance problems that plagued the aircraft. From what I understand, the only one causing us problems right now is the inner gear doors. On this airplane, the gear up switch is actuated by the inner gear doors, not the wheels themselves. We've had problems with the switch not getting actuated giving a gear unsafe indication. I'm confident Gulfstream will come up with a fix.

Latest resources

Back