• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FYI: XJT Loses Money

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We're doing fine. XJT didn't "lose" money. We paid for things that cost money when starting an entirely new line of service:

Airplane paint jobs, XM radio installations, operating weight increase mods for the LRs, new ops offices, hundreds of new employees and their training, advertising, GSE of all types, internal and public IT infrastructure, pilot moving expenses (paid for under our low-ball contract when a pilot moves to a newly opened domicile) etc, etc....

When Mesa loses $24 million what do they have to show for it? A lot less money in the bank I would guess.

In fact, I just bought stock for the first time when it hit $4.25 last week, and as a rule I don't buy airline stocks. I think it may double from that by the time Q4 earnings come out in January. I'm just a pilot here, but things appear to be going according to plan or better.

Last edited:
, GSE of all types, internal

The rest of everything is true, it wasnt really a loss it was paying for stuff, but the GSE equipment we bought a few years ago when Indy went under. I had a nice talk with the head ramp services guy in CLE who went and bought all the stuff, said he was from an undisclosed airline. 3 deice trucks for 50k, 50 sets of stairs, 50 pushback tugs, 50 GPU's, stuff like that. He said it may have been the most fun hes ever had working at XJT, just seeing the looks on peoples faces as he bought huge lots of stuff for a secret airline. So for those of you who thought this was a plan that was come up with in 6 months, this thing has been years in the making.

CM - I'll try the gyro one of these days! And no, I won't work for XJT. If a horrible act like 9/11 hit again, I'd be on military orders for a few years I'm sure, and it wouldn't be because of my choosing.

Best of luck - SD

Wow!!! Looking at your profile it says F-22 ANG...how did the Guard get those expensive airplanes soooo quickly!!!?????

Wow!!! Looking at your profile it says F-22 ANG...how did the Guard get those expensive airplanes soooo quickly!!!?????

A little luck never hurt anyone right??

In all honesty, based on the BRAC results from '05, the guard relinquished their F-16's early in exchange for becomming a tenant unit with an AD wing.

Latest resources

Back