• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

COOPERVANE

Member since 1967
Scott Hall in recurrent ground says to expect around 60. Announcement in Jan

Yankin our chain?

My 4 year old daughter could do a better job running this place.

I'm sure they'll do it again at the end of summer due to the loss of those other 8 airframes. Just like they did in 2009.

Went from an airline that never furloughed to one that furloughs once/twice a year during very temporary overstaffing situations because the management can't see 3 feet ahead. We're losing a few pilots every month as it is.

What a great idea. Furlough 60 guys and send them over to Xjt side to be trained on the ERJ at a cost of what, $30k each? That should take a couple of months, and they'll be ready just in time to come back in the summer when we once again cannot handle the flying that we have. How about you just send them home for 4 months on guarantee pay and don't bother them. Call them back for the summer flying. Cheaper all around. But no, we want to run an efficient airline, so that wouldn't make any sense at all. Idiots.

When Skywest loses flying they have been keeping aircraft and performing "at risk" flying. I guess it's easier to just turn our planes in or hand them over to another carrier. I'd like to hear management's plan for the future Super Regional, does keeping labor numbers thin and performance down achieve success?

What a great idea. Furlough 60 guys and send them over to Xjt side to be trained on the ERJ at a cost of what, $30k each? That should take a couple of months, and they'll be ready just in time to come back in the summer when we once again cannot handle the flying that we have. How about you just send them home for 4 months on guarantee pay and don't bother them. Call them back for the summer flying. Cheaper all around. But no, we want to run an efficient airline, so that wouldn't make any sense at all. Idiots.

post of the year.

I agree with your post but it doesn't cost 30k to train esp just on a new aircraft over here. We have a nice training center, own the sims, and have instructors on staff.

Latest resources

Back