Furloughed time limit to get a call back

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

redsoxfan

Was curious how long you can be furloughed from a major like, UAL, DAL, CAL, AA, NWA before the airlines contract says they dont have to offer you a recall?? I have heard any where from 5 to 10yrs security while on furlough where the airline has to offer you a call back..Hopefully its closer to 10. Anyone that might know exactly how many years you can still recieve a call back with any majors would be appreciated..

Delta has a ten year policy. However if it was to go longer I am sure there would be ways to negotiate some sort of return. This is the kind of thing that can be renegotiated each contract.

NYR

Hoping the last Delta furloughed guys is back before Nov 1, 2011.;)

Last edited:
UAL - 7 Years

That is, 7 years in our current contract the company is tring to void. I believe the MEC negotiated 10 years at one time for the 18% concession (pre-ASTB rejection).

Seeniner - With 7 year recall rights at NWA, I don't think you have anything to worry about. As it was quoted in the MSP Tribune "Right now Northwest is floating at the top of the cesspool."

Best of Luck to Everyone

I would hope that they extend the time limit to what ever it takes to get all the furloughed guys back. Considering how the airlines have been affected since 9/11, I would think they would make exceptions if furloughs lasted 7 - 10 years.

Latest resources

Back