Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

F/O

Smells like....
My understanding is the union has agreed to pay cuts. Just wondering if they have told the pilots yet what they will be voting on.

An LOA is going for a vote starting today, so to say something is agreed to would be premature. That being said it'll probably pass. Too many "save the company" koolaid drinkers here. It looks like 14.5% with kickbacks in september and no changes to work rules or premium pay. That's the nutshell.

What about the company match 401k

Kickbacks in September? After the busy summer season? Ya right.
My thinking exactly... It won't be kickBACKS, it will be kick-OUTS, as in furloughs, along with half the rest of the industry about that time if fuel prices don't retreat under $100 (which they won't).

The new bankruptcy laws will require final financing and an exit date pretty close to then, so the rubber will meet the road one way or another.

Good luck...

Major points are...
- 14.5% reduction for all except year 1 FO payrates from June 08-Sep 08 (4 month period).
- First Year FO payrates reduced 1%.
- No company 401K match for that period.

Not sure if above poster was implying that the money would eventually be given back, but I'm not sure how any of us could ever see that happening. FAPA's position is in support of the measure, and they believe that it will help secure DIB (debtor in possession) financing, as it will really do little to the bottom line.

The official name of the LOA is the "Interim Restructuring Relief Agreement."

Best wishes to all my friends at F9.

Latest resources

Back