• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the question has to be are the F9 pilots going to be any better off with the investment group?

We have no idea what we are going to get with the investor, but we know exactly what we have with the IBT. The short answer at this point is "yes" we are better off with the investor due to the fact that ANYTHING is better than the IBT. Especially this Local.

Where will the Republic C-Series orders go????

What's the likelihood Republic will also sell the Bombardier C-Series positions along with the airline? If Frontier is to become another ULCC, won't it need more airplanes than Frontier currently has on order (NEOs)? Of course 2 aircraft types would complicate things a bit...

What's the likelihood Republic will also sell the Bombardier C-Series positions along with the airline? If Frontier is to become another ULCC, won't it need more airplanes than Frontier currently has on order (NEOs)? Of course 2 aircraft types would complicate things a bit...

Who knows, I wouldn't be surprised if the C-Series is cancelled outright. The concept is basically dependent on a large Air Canada order later this year. They only have 170 firm orders at this point, after more than two years of marketing.

I am also unsure if RAH can operate the C-series (the version they ordered) as I believe it exceeds every scope limit found at the various legacy carriers.

Who knows, I wouldn't be surprised if the C-Series is cancelled outright. The concept is basically dependent on a large Air Canada order later this year. They only have 170 firm orders at this point, after more than two years of marketing.

I am also unsure if RAH can operate the C-series (the version they ordered) as I believe it exceeds every scope limit found at the various legacy carriers.

I believe (but could be wrong) that the C-series was ordered originally with Frontier in mind because of its size. Frontier could probably use the bigger CS300 that can seat 150-160 pax. With the "projected" fuel burn savings, it could become a game changer - if Bombarier can actually get it off the ground for testing (delayed again).

I agree that Republic cannot use either the smaller CS100 or the CS300 due to scope clauses. I suppose they could reduce seats in the smaller version to the scope limit if they wanted to...

Last edited:
And where does all this leave the lowly Midwest pilots who were (integrated/given the finger) in the Frontier/Midwest merger (if you can call it that). They should at least get preferential interviews at New Frontier (if they hire).

F that. We hire 12 next month I hear. Last time we hired eight of them they petitioned Eischen for their IMSL position. If the company pulls that again their will be a mass exodus of FO's (and some captains). We already are getting a surge of pria requests and I doubt the company wants to do anything to encourage more of that.

I just hope those Midwest guys lose their seniority if we do separate. If not, the company may face some lawsuits from us Jr Biatches.

The arrogance of the fronier pilot group represented on this board is second to none!

@ Grey Ghost:

If you consider me arrogant because I don't like losing 9+ years of seniority to a half-dozen NEW HIRES, then I guess I'm arrogant.

If you consider me arrogant because I'm a bit disappointed after losing 9+ years of seniority (1000+ numbers on the seniority list) to a KID who was BORN when I was a sophomore in high school, and who was working on his instrument rating when I quit my second Part 121 carrier to start at the BOTTOM of the Frontier seniority list, then I guess I'm arrogant.

Yep. Guilty as charged.

Latest resources

Back