Frontier Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What were the other options again?

FAPA, aka RPC, or the teamsters. We didn't feel that the F9 union would have our interests at heart just as the F9 pilots knew the teamsters would not have their interests at heart either. There really was no reasonable way that this could've ever worked out. Republic is not now, nor will it ever be a "career" airline. 95% of the pilots here know that and will be gone once they hit 1001 hours of turbine PIC.

FAPA, aka RPC, or the teamsters. We didn't feel that the F9 union would have our interests at heart just as the F9 pilots knew the teamsters would not have their interests at heart either. There really was no reasonable way that this could've ever worked out. Republic is not now, nor will it ever be a "career" airline. 95% of the pilots here know that and will be gone once they hit 1001 hours of turbine PIC.

Oh I know, I was just illustrating why the IBT won so handily compared to the "competition." I left shortly after I voted to strike and well short of the 1000 121 TPIC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I know, I was just illustrating why the IBT won so handily compared to the "competition." I left shortly after I voted to strike and well short of the 1000 121 TPIC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations on your escape from the asylum! ??

The RPC was a last ditch attempt by the Frontier pilots to maintain some form of actual representation.

We approached the IBT and asked for our own Local. They initially said "maybe" but then realized they had a 2000 - 700 advantage in the voters so they eventually said "no way".

We approaced ALPA and they saw Airways-America West all over again and politely declined.

RPC was the exact structure we showed the IBT. One Joint Council with two Locals. Each Local keeps everything they generate but the Joint provides admin and representation including outside consultants like Oliver Wyman and Faegre Benson. I can only guess that you guys would have a CBA today if you employed true outside professionals vs IBT Golden Goose Chokers (no disrespect to Capt D, I admire what he has accomplished over his careers).

Any whoo, here we are.

The RPC was a last ditch attempt by the Frontier pilots to maintain some form of actual representation.

We approached the IBT and asked for our own Local. They initially said "maybe" but then realized they had a 2000 - 700 advantage in the voters so they eventually said "no way".

We approaced ALPA and they saw Airways-America West all over again and politely declined.

RPC was the exact structure we showed the IBT. One Joint Council with two Locals. Each Local keeps everything they generate but the Joint provides admin and representation including outside consultants like Oliver Wyman and Faegre Benson. I can only guess that you guys would have a CBA today if you employed true outside professionals vs IBT Golden Goose Chokers (no disrespect to Capt D, I admire what he has accomplished over his careers).

Any whoo, here we are.

RPC would have been much better for the Republic guys, but they are blind. Of course, they work for sub-standard wages and take the abuse from management on a daily basis, so really, nothing less should be expected

RPC would have been much better for the Republic guys, but they are blind. Of course, they work for sub-standard wages and take the abuse from management on a daily basis, so really, nothing less should be expected

I believe we could have done a much better job working together. Honestly anything is better than what the IBT has provided them but I don't think it is fair to call them blind. They have been led down a road to failure by an E-Board that has failed in every metric.

Republic pilots were still reeling from the scandals of the previous local. FAPA could have easily swept the election. The RPC thing was just downright sketchy. Seriously, anonymous letters in our v-files and anonymous phone calls to vote RPC, some phantom group no one knew anything about, was not the way to go. So we basically had two ******************** sandwiches to choose from. Eat one or starve.

Republic pilots were still reeling from the scandals of the previous local. FAPA could have easily swept the election. The RPC thing was just downright sketchy. Seriously, anonymous letters in our v-files and anonymous phone calls to vote RPC, some phantom group no one knew anything about, was not the way to go. So we basically had two ******************** sandwiches to choose from. Eat one or starve.

That's a huge understatement. My vote (and many others) was FAPA's to lose which they did in spectacular fashion. It was a head scratcher how and why that was the best effort that they could come up with (talking about the RPC). Seriously, the Teamsters delivered this pilot group to them on a silver platter. Honestly though, I truly believe that even with FAPA as the representation that they would be no closer to a TA than they are today under the IBT. FAPA saw an entirely different side of BB and WH and if they had been installed as the representation I think mgmts true colors would have become very apparent.

Latest resources

Back