• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am pretty sure this will be a topic of yet another IBT lawsuit against the Frontier pilots (the IBT likes to pick and choose who they represent based upon whatever serves the IBT best). The Eischen Award provides more than one mechanism to unwind the SLI, but the real justification is actually a lot more simple and obvious. Regardless, it is probably going to be an interesting 2013-2014 for the Frontier pilots.

This separation isn't going to be Christmas morning full of gifts and eggnog. Even some of the best case scenarios include a healthy serving of suck.

Are you guys sure you don't want to take the IBT with you? The vast majority of RAH pilots want nothing to do with those worthless ******************** sucking ******************************bags either.

I am 51% sure Spirit will not by Frontier, which is fine with me. Everything I have heard on the line, WSJ articles, management, and in ground schools is that it will be some kind of PE investment firm.

As far as Indigo selling all the stock, good for them. A PE of 20 is pretty rich and a great time to sell an airline stock. Whether they are trying to get cash to purchase F9 is up to anyone's speculation.

A little tidbit about Lynx. When F9 was furloughing pilots back in 2008, Lynx was hiring pilots and would not interview furloughed F9 pilots. This was due to Cam Kenyon who was the president of Lynx.

Are you guys sure you don't want to take the IBT with you? The vast majority of RAH pilots want nothing to do with those worthless ******************** sucking ******************************bags either.

That was not reflected in the representation election...

I am 51% sure Spirit will not by Frontier, which is fine with me. Everything I have heard on the line, WSJ articles, management, and in ground schools is that it will be some kind of PE investment firm.

As far as Indigo selling all the stock, good for them. A PE of 20 is pretty rich and a great time to sell an airline stock. Whether they are trying to get cash to purchase F9 is up to anyone's speculation.

A little tidbit about Lynx. When F9 was furloughing pilots back in 2008, Lynx was hiring pilots and would not interview furloughed F9 pilots. This was due to Cam Kenyon who was the president of Lynx.

You are correct, an airline is not buying Frontier.

That was not reflected in the representation election...

The perpetual screw ups and downright stupidity of the local has really altered the landscape. Lots of big talk and empty promises. There is enough dysfunction to write several text books. Anyone that dares to speak up or say anything negative about the union is immediately jumped upon by the rabid union followers. I swear its like Jonestown.

The perpetual screw ups and downright stupidity of the local has really altered the landscape. Lots of big talk and empty promises. There is enough dysfunction to write several text books. Anyone that dares to speak up or say anything negative about the union is immediately jumped upon by the rabid union followers. I swear its like Jonestown.

It's really too bad because you guys deserve a lot better, we all do.

Well, time to go write my check to the IBT so they can sue me.

This is true. Cam liked playing both sides, and when Frontier furloughed (47?) pilots they were not welcome at Lynx. I had a friend at F9 who went back to Lakes for awhile then eventually got back to F9.

That being said, I really hope there is an opportunity for us former Lynx guys to get on at Frontier if/when hiring begins again.

The local at Republic had screwed up for years. With guys going to jail. Yet when you had a chance to throw them off the property you didn't. Over 700 Republic pilots chose the IBT for representation. That is not just a "rabid few".

The local at Republic had screwed up for years. With guys going to jail. Yet when you had a chance to throw them off the property you didn't. Over 700 Republic pilots chose the IBT for representation. That is not just a "rabid few".

That was an entirely different local. National came in and cleaned house with an entirely new local. They made all sorts of promises and what not. It was only about two weeks before the close of the election that some phantom group, "RPC" , showed up to woo Republic pilots. We were really supposed to vote in some group that we had no idea who or what was behind it? Looking back, I guess any old cluster of ******************** would be better than the Teamsters. ******************** the Teamsters and everything about them.

What were the other options again?

Latest resources

Back