• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Stay Seated the LOA guys are all but back at F9 now. I know of only 1 still in Nam. A couple actually resigned out there and are permanent contract pilots for life now.

It would be nice to actually get some information at the conference call so pilots can adjust their career paths accordingly. Hope all is well with you.

when you guys split away from that ********************bag Republic operation, promise you'll take care of us Lynx guys :beer:

I have to believe that spirit has something to do with this sale of frontier. Maybe not directly but maybe the indigo holding company that used to privately own spirit will be involved. Spirit has always had a slow by steady growth scheme of 7-10 planes a year. Try a city, if it works keep it if not get rid of it. They have tried to beef up the west coast stuff through vegas and they are expanding quite well in dfw. The acquisition of frontier would give them Denver, but it would also give them a lot of airbus aircraft today instead of 7 per year. And pilots to fly them. Frontier has already switched towards spirits way of doing things as well. I could see them buying frontier, shrinking den to profitable routes only, and relocating the rest of the airbus aircraft to help them expand into South America, while keeping their growth strategy in the states with their new aircraft orders.

From the quarterly results call: Frontier has entered into an exclusive non-binding term sheet with a 3rd party purchaser. Several conditions (some of which require third party agreement) must be met in order for the non-binding agreement to becoming a binding. Here we go....

I have to believe that spirit has something to do with this sale of frontier. Maybe not directly but maybe the indigo holding company that used to privately own spirit will be involved. Spirit has always had a slow by steady growth scheme of 7-10 planes a year. Try a city, if it works keep it if not get rid of it. They have tried to beef up the west coast stuff through vegas and they are expanding quite well in dfw. The acquisition of frontier would give them Denver, but it would also give them a lot of airbus aircraft today instead of 7 per year. And pilots to fly them. Frontier has already switched towards spirits way of doing things as well. I could see them buying frontier, shrinking den to profitable routes only, and relocating the rest of the airbus aircraft to help them expand into South America, while keeping their growth strategy in the states with their new aircraft orders.

I don't think expanding in South America is in the plans at all. I just don't get why they would risk all the success to acquire a debt-laden Frontier, we shall see

Debt is great! Don't knock it till you try it!

I don't think expanding in South America is in the plans at all. I just don't get why they would risk all the success to acquire a debt-laden Frontier, we shall see

Frontier "debt" is interesting. There is some bad debt (29 319 leases that were recently renegotiated) and some phenomenal debt (NEO order worthy of wet-dreams). Bedford negotiated the NEO order at a time when Airbus NA wanted to kill the Bombardier C-series. Who could have predicted that Bedford et al may actually "sell" off that order and still take delivery of the C-series (doubtful, but irony is pretty great). When you factor in the little issue about Frontier's NEO's being powered by GE engines instead of Pratt (I think we have the only GE NEO order) it keeps getting more interesting (GE owns the 319 leases).

Latest resources

Back