• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard it's supposed to be announced with the A320 delivery on July 20th. Also heard it is Indigo as the investor.

I can almost guarantee there will not be an announcement on the 20th, at least not the one we want to hear, but at this point anything is possible.

I don't believe it either, it is a good rumor though.

Spirit is run debt free(minus leases on planes/gates). Why would NK purchase F9 and be stuck with their debt. Spirit doesn't really use hub-spoke system so inheriting a pure hub like DEN makes no sense.

Spirit had debt before the IPO.

I can almost guarantee there will not be an announcement on the 20th, at least not the one we want to hear, but at this point anything is possible.

The 20th is a Saturday, normally companies don't make press releases on weekends but anything is possible.

Maybe it will be after 5:00PM Eastern Time on Friday...

In DC they call that a "news dump" to try and slip embarrassing information past the media and hope nobody notices.

And it's been working well for, oh, about five years now.

Are there a bunch of pilots leaving Frontier for other airlines, or are the majority hoping for the best and sticking it out to see what happens?

I wouldn't say a bunch but we have guys leaving. We had a number of guys/gals leave for recall at AA (former TWA folks). We have had a few FO's leave for other airlines (spirit). We still have a bunch of folks flying in asia who took LOA back during BK and haven't returned yet.

I think most if not all are waiting to see how the separation plays out. There could be an announcement tomorrow during the conference call that may provide a little color on the "who" and the "what", but there are still a lot of unknowns even if we separate.

The Eischen award was a death sentence for most of the F9 list. I think it would be prudent for most to interview and at least explore other options. If we can unscramble the egg, great, if not I would like to have a "plan b".

Latest resources

Back