Frontier Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

72Longhorn

Does anyone have any information on Frontier Airlines.
looking for, Minimum flight time, pay, bases, etc..

Thanks in advance!

72Longhorn

I know there was an article in Air, Inc.'s magazine about Frontier. I don't know which issue but it is available on-line at their website. I know this doesn't help much if you aren't a member.

What they list on their info page:
Bases: Denver, Kansas City
Fleet: 30. 5-319s, 7-737-200s, 18-737-300s. I think this is old info and that they have mostly Airbuses now.
Mins: 2000TT, 500ME
FO 1st year: 2,747
2nd year: 3,349
3rd year: 3,639
CPT 4th yr: 6,456
CPT 5th yr: 7,307
Max CPT/10th year: 8,019

Training contract: 7,500
Chief Pilot: Hank Appleby

I am sure somebody from there will chime in. Seems like an old boy network as far as getting hired. Right off hand I don't remember his name, but someone from EOI is there.

CP is now Chris Fair. VP Fltops is Bill Mckinney.
Latest word is they are not hiring "right now". Got that from a buddy I used to fly with who is a CA there. He was told this two days ago. Latest gouge is that F9 is leaning towards vanguard and USAIR guys but I know of a non 121 guy who interviewed not long ago. FYI I dropped off my resume and LOR 10 days ago at their general ops building and they were conducting interviews then. Saw four names on the sign in sheet.

Rice :cool:

Now would someone please hire me

Thanks Tri-Holer & Rice,

Yep, I knoe the Former EOI guy. He's the one I'm trying to walk my stuff in; but I think my low time will hold me back on this one.

Do you guys think that if I get my type on the B-737 it will up my chances of getting hired at Frontier?? I'm in the last step of the WIA program to getting my type rating. It's been a long process, but I'm finally through.

thamks again!

72Longhorn

Frontier Airlines just hired a class of 27 pilots on 10-21-02. Most of the class is from Vanguard, US Airways, one from United, and other part 121 current 73 pilots. They are going through a quickie class to get them on line faster. Part of the class is going to the Airbus. I do not know the ratio of Boeing to Airbus. Yes, you do have to resign your senority number!! Frontier is planning a class in Dec. and another in Jan. For a total of 60 pilots. A LOR is almost manditory but if you have 5000-10000 hrs with a lot of jet time you may in the hunt.

First year FO 40K
Second Year FO 49K
Third Year FO 56K

Third Year Capt 93K
Fourth Year Capt 102K
Top Pay Capt 116K

Frontier Currently has 12 Airbus 319s, 5 737-200 adv., and 17 737-300s for a total of 34 aircraft. The 732s are going away as fast as they can dump them. Next year the 733 will start leaving as we take on more Airbii. I have heard a total of 47 Airbii by first part of 2005.

Rice has it right with the CP and DO.

Great group of pilots to fly with, all dedicated to the airline and are working to keep relations with management in good standing.

Living the dream!!!

up frnt

I heard from a friend who said this came straight from the the CP, Frontier is not conducting any more interviews as of now. Can you confirm? Do you know if the last round of 121 guys (Oct Int.) will fill the DEC/JAN classes? Just trying to get a feel for the process and wondering if they're still working on the previous 73 and 121 experience mode.

Thanks,

Rice :cool:

Keeping the Faith

Rice,

As far as I know, they had a goal of hiring 60 guys in the next 120 days (Sept-Jan). They may have hired the first 27 then pooled the rest, so they do not have to interview until next year.

Check your PM.

Allways fly F9, I need the job:D .

I sure as heck don't know what the secret is to get hired. I've been trying well before 9/11/01. Updating every month, LOR on file, PIC Turboprop, PIC Jet, and an extreme desire to work there.

I know my FOs are sick of hearing about me talking about F9. But, F9 is the only place I want to be, so the journey will continue...

wheetbix

Latest resources

Back