• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frieght/passenger airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FedEx has a class of new hires in school right now and is still interviewing. The next class will be until after December, last I heard.

UPS does not have any classes scheduled for the rest of this year and I don't have any info on hiring next year. The little brown school house usually shuts down every year in Nov and Dec because of the Xmas peak season.

Business is back to pre 9/11 levels. It dropped only about 10% right after the terrorist attacks and quickly rebounded. That probably had to do with the fact we were about to enter peak season. No furloughs are planned.

To your original question, freight by far is much more stable than the passenger airlines. I believe (and don't quote me on this) but a good rule of thumb is take the gross revenue on the best day of a typical passenger trip i.e. Chicago to London and multiply by 4 for the freighter along the same route. Here's another good one. A few years ago circa 1995 I was working at JFK as a cargo sales rep. A friend of mine was a manager for ASIANA Cargo. They were the first airline in the world to use a 747-400F. They used it about 3 days a week on the New York - Seoul run with a tec stop in ANC. One night he showed me some paper work on the flight and told me that every trip going and coming back NETS over $1,000,000 in profit. That's over $2,000,000 in PROFIT per round trip. Go figure.

Latest resources

Back