Friday Afternoon Breaking News- Dallas

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TexaSWA said:
The only way AA could be kicked out of Love is if they agreed to it (or asked for it).

That's pretty much what I've been trying to tell Floppy. They can come and go as they please - just as we can come at go at DFW as we please.

"An American Airlines spokesman was adamant Friday that the nation's largest airline isn't interested in leaving Love Field"

"A bunch of knucklehead pilots on an internet message board have said that Soutwest Airlines isn't interested in going to DFW"

Flopgut said:
Braniff was going to crush them, but before they could they were forced to leave Love Field.

Braniff ( and others) attempted to "crush" SWA long before SWA even had an airplane. Braniff ( and others) kept SWA in litigation for almost 3 years before SWA even turned a wheel.

In fact, at one point, SWA only had $180 in the bank, and not even one airplane. Why didn't the mighty Braniff take advantage of that and "crush" SWA then?

SWA started operating in June of 1971 at DAL where Braniff operated until January 1974. In those 2.5 years....why didn't the "crush" come then? Were they that incompetent that they couldn't "crush" a small 3 airplane operation? Even with Texas International and Continental also helping out?

Sheesh...

Tejas

Tejas-Jet said:
Braniff ( and others) attempted to "crush" SWA long before SWA even had an airplane. Braniff ( and others) kept SWA in litigation for almost 3 years before SWA even turned a wheel.

In fact, at one point, SWA only had $180 in the bank, and not even one airplane. Why didn't the mighty Braniff take advantage of that and "crush" SWA then?

SWA started operating in June of 1971 at DAL where Braniff operated until January 1974. In those 2.5 years....why didn't the "crush" come then? Were they that incompetent that they couldn't "crush" a small 3 airplane operation? Even with Texas International and Continental also helping out?

Sheesh...

Tejas

No one had a real problem with SWA until they pulled the Love Field stunt. Braniff then decided to stay too and match SWA on every flight and crush you. Braniff was forced to leave, which is exactly what seems to be a possibility now with AA.

If Braniff had not been forced to leave Love Field...Or to be more correct...if ANY other airline had been allowed to stay at Love Field, there would be no SWA. You, along with a lot more us, would still have a good careers, just with another airline

Last edited:
Flopgut said:
If Braniff had not been forced to leave Love Field...Or to be more correct...if ANY other airline had been allowed to stay at Love Field, there would be no SWA

Bet so! Sour grapes floppy , what next, naany nanny boo boo?

You, along with a lot more us, would still have a good careers, just with another airline

I have a great career, sorry yours sucks.

Flopgut said:
No one had a real problem with SWA until they pulled the Love Field stunt.

Flop, you keep making this stuff up, SWA didn't start it, we fought all of it, get your facts straight mister Flop "pull the story out my arse" Gut.

scoreboard said:
Flop, you keep making this stuff up, SWA didn't start it, we fought all of it, get your facts straight mister Flop "pull the story out my arse" Gut.

Hey bud, we're all fighting it, OK? SWA is going to run out of this brand of "luck" someday, then others will have a real chance.

Where are all those other SWA guys that always took issue with my harsh critique of WA politics? Is this the night all the FOs go over to Benhuntn's house and paint each others toe nails?

Flopgut said:
Hey bud, we're all fighting it, OK? SWA is going to run out of this brand of "luck" someday, then others will have a real chance.

Where are all those other SWA guys that always took issue with my harsh critique of WA politics? Is this the night all the FOs go over to Benhuntn's house and paint each others toe nails?

To funny, must be a slow night, looks like you only got me to kick around. All for now, I'll be back when the rest of the news is out. Ciao buddy.

Flopgut said:
Typical neo-conservative, systemite who can't discuss facts and wants to spin politics.

Damn proud of being a Conservitive! I CAN discuss facts and have. This is a "No Spin Zone"

How do you figure SWA didn't start it? When DFW opened and all carriers were forced to move to DFW, SWA insisted that they were allowed to stay at Love. Now I agree that Wright is wrong, but not for the same reasons you guys seem too. It's wrong because Congress should never have been used by a member of the House to control something in his district that should have been handled by the CAB (for a few years after dereg they had the authority to deny routes from certain airports). Now I also believe that lifting the wright law will harm DFW, because any airline that needs better access to downtown Dallas will move to DAL. However it must also be realized that Wright is *NOT* an infringement on interstate commerce. To quote HK on the Wright Law "Sure it's a pain in the a$$, but not every pain in the A$$ is a constitutial infringement"

Latest resources

Back