Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Freight Dawg

What can Brown do for you
Another Freight Dawg has left us, god speed and prayers for his family. For the respect of a fellow Freight Dawg, please don't speculate or start bashing companies, Thank you.

http://www.wsmv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4474606
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N629EK

PARIS, Tenn. -- A private turboprop plane flying from Ohio to Texas crashed in woods in rural Henry County around noon Wednesday, killing the pilot, authorities said.

Mike Chandler, dispatcher at the Henry County Sheriff's Department, said the crash killed the pilot, who was the only person aboard. The name of the victim was not immediately released.

Kathleen Bergen with the Federal Aviation Administration in Atlanta said the plane was a twin-engine Swearingen Metroliner flying from Dayton, Ohio, to Harlingen, Texas, that was registered with TriCoastal Air Inc. in Wilmington, Del.

The FAA is investigating the cause.

Officials from TriCoastal Air Inc. did not immediately return phone calls seeking comment.

The plane's registration lists it as a turboprop made in 1980.

Chandler said the crash in the southeast portion of the county, about 85 miles west of Nashville, was reported at 12:12 p.m. CST.

Witnesses told The Paris Post-Intelligencer newspaper that the plane circled twice before the engine suddenly began running wide open. It went into a dive, pulled out for a moment, then crashed about 300 yards from the home of Michael and Anita Jeffrey.

"I stepped out and saw it," said Michael Jeffrey. "The nose dived as straight as an arrow. I saw the explosion and said 'Oh my God, call 911.'

"I even went out there to try to see if I could help someone, but there was no one to help."

The plane crashed in soft, wet ground and was embedded 10 to 15 feet in the dirt, Jeffrey said.

The plane is capable of carrying six to eight passengers but was hauling auto parts, Chandler said.

The National Weather Service reported cloudy skies and calm to light winds in the region at the time of the accident.

Last edited:
I would like to send my prayers out to his family. I just saw the pilot of the aircraft on Monday. Again, no bashing companies, and keep him in your prayers.

I'm not going to comment until the Feds come up with something.

When I heard this a couple of hours ago my heart sank. I don't know what else to say.

Condolences to the family, AGAIN!

Could someone please pm me the name of the pilot.

Thanks.

Sorry to hear this, it has been a bad week for aviation, especially freight. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families.

Condolences to the family and RIP.

Be careful out there Dawgs.

-JP

flight_track_map.rvt

Latest resources

Back