• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Freedom Air?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
when did it become a crime to be the lowest bidder? Mesa has done it for decades. There is nothing wrong with freedom.

Does it strike anyone else as ironic when a Freedom pilot says he/she is taking that job to "feed his/her family." I mean, who can afford to feed a family on Freedom's pay? It would seem to me that if I needed to "feed my family" I would not accept a job whose pay was so low that I could not afford to do that very thing! This is why that argument doesn't hold water. (Unless, of course, the intend to "feed their family" by qualifying for food stamps.):cool:

I don't think I understand this very well. Are Mesa pilots on strike now? If not, you guys are tossing around the scab name and it doesn't apply. If these guys aren't unionized, how do they differ from Skywest or CommutAir? Delta owns ASA and COMAIR and their pilots don't get paid the same. Sure, the Freedom guys aren't doing much to push up wages, but does that make them eligible to be blacklisted. Why not add all the other low pay carriers pilots too?

Last edited:
328dude said:
If anybodys interested in getting a current list of Freescum Pilots, PM me and leave your email address. I'll send it to you ASAP to add to your flight bag.

BlueStreak. Good going man. Got to love the moderators.

Anybody want to start up a website to keep a current list of the Freedom scum on it for pilots to download? Just curious.

This already exists:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/freemesaairlinesforum/

The list is kept up to date in the files section.

Frac Daddy said:
Does it strike anyone else as ironic when a Freedom pilot says he/she is taking that job to "feed his/her family." I mean, who can afford to feed a family on Freedom's pay?

Just for the sake of the argument, don't Freedom pilots make 5% more then Mesa RJ pilots?

They may make more than Mesa's 50 pilots, but their aircraft have 70 seats. AirWisconsin (and I imagine that would include ACA, SkyWest and Comair) make more in their 50 seats than Freedum makes in their 70. THAT is bad.

S.

Yea the freedom pilots might make 5% more but that is just the captians. The FO use the same low payscale as the mesa pilots do. There is that outside chance that they will get there bounes is the company makes money but with JO track record dont plan on much. Or not that I think about it they will show a large profit and just shift all the losses over to mesa, that way he will have a reason to lay off more of us, or I should say lays off people again.

SB

Yeah, but my point is that there is some validity to the "feed the family" reason to work for Freedom. If one had a choice between Mesa or Freedom, one would be better off financially going to Freedom. What about if one had to choose between instructing and working at Freedom?

Wiggums,

You TOTALLY miss the point. If you work for Freedom, then you better want to STAY there for the rest of your career. Sure, the CRJ-700/900 is a great airplane to fly - and you would become proficient in it because that is the LAST airplane you will fly. Do you understand? Once you go to Freedom - that's it for your career because you are implicitly supporting an anti-ALPA airline. I'd rather instruct in a Duchess for an extra year or two and then move my career forward...

If you go to Freedom, don't expect to leave and get on with a major... That's the point.

Latest resources

Back