• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

fractional vs regional ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I flew corporate (91 and 135) for four years, and was on the certificate of two of the biggest players- namely TAG and Business Jet Solutions. I had an offer from Options back in '99, and an interview scheduled with EJA when I got my airline job, so I am pretty savvy about what this industry is about, and for me, my airline job is preferable, but that's just me . . . . .

I have said it many times before, and I'll say it again- thankfully, we don't all want the same job, or we'd all be in a mess.

I have to hand it to the frax- they have turned in a phenomenal safety record- in some years it has been better than the 121 operators, but while going into many non-air carrier airports on short notice-. keep up the good work, guys.

I flew corporate (91 and 135) for four years…,so I am pretty savvy about what this industry is about. - Ty Webb

That’s rather arrogant considering the talent that is represented on this board don’t you think?

It also has nothing to do with my statement that your supposed facts about EJA are grossly overstated. If we need facts about the airline side (TWA 717?), please speak up. If it is about the fractional side, how about letting one of us on the inside give ACCURATE details.

I have never said there was anything wrong with airline life. Just because a few (thousand) of us don't care anything about it, doesn't make us crazy, sub-standard, nor incompetent.

By the way, I was approached today by another 121 Captain who just sent his app to EJA.

Last edited:
Easy, there Chief:

Maybe you should try a few cups of coffee before you make your posts.

After being on the certificate of two fractional operators and having been through the interview process at a third (Options), and having been on the road talking and interacting w/ frax guys for four years, I was definitely in a position to form an intelligent opinion about frax life.

Maybe if I had flown another three years years as a bizjet capt., I would have the vast experience and wisdom of your 5000 hours versus my 3200. Maybe if I had emptied more lavs and dealt with more huge egos (pax, not yours) then I would be qualified to comment in your exalted eyes. Maybe if I spent more time sitting around FBO's waiting to be released by crew scheduling. Maybe . . . .no, wait, maybe you're just an ignorant ass who isn't worth taking time on this Saturday morning to respond to.

You have yourself a nice life, pal. You must be a real joy to fly with.

Ty,

What's all the hubbub big guy????????

I never made any attacks on you, either personally of professionally. I also did not profess to be the foremost opinion of any specific issue. The talent I was referring to on this board are the many 20,000+ hour airline/corporate guys. I did not claim to be Super Pilot.

Again, All I pointed out was your 20 pilot/month resignation rate at EJA was inaccurate. That's it! No big deal.

We can all see you did not enjoy your stint as a corporate pilot. I am sincerely glad you have now found what you enjoy.

End of thread.
Cheers

Latest resources

Back