• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fractional bases?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NetJets lets you live almost anywhere in the continental US. I don't know about the others.

NetJets lets you live almost anywhere in the continental US. I don't know about the others.

Really? I'd be willing to bet you that more that 51% of the land mass in the continental U.S. in not available for NetJet employment. As a matter of fact, I bet more like 85-90% is off limits.

I can live anywhere in the world that I want as long as I am at my base at my show time. There are over 200 airports that I could use for my base in the continental US. NJA has pilots living all over the place, including internationally. If I want to live a couple hundred miles away from the closest base, that would be my choice and most definitely not the companies. Therefore, NJA pilots can live almost anywhere they want in the continental US and I don't know how you can say we can't.

So when I see a list of bases, that is different from the way airlines use them. THey are more or less gateway cities you are allowed to live in? There isnt a set number of pilots in each base?

you lost that bet.

No, I didn't.

Unless you allow the "you can live anywhere as long as you get to your gateway" argument. If that's a fair argument then a frac with ONE gateway could say you can live anywhere, just like NetJets and we both know that would be BS.

Take all your gateways in the us. Draw a 2 hour circle around them. I still think there is more land mass in the US outside the circles than in.

Latest resources

Back