Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Wankel7

It's a slippery slope...
With the age 65 thing changing it got me to wondering about people hired at the fractionals. How many fell into the 60-65 age bracket?

I wonder if the number is really that great...did the age 65 change hurt the amount of eligible candidates for the fractionals?

Or will it be balanced out by the younger people that realized their time in the right seat just increased and they are throwing in the 121 towel.

Any ideas on numbers?

Too early for numbers...

It's too early to have numbers or look at trends, though I'd offer the following possible impacts: 1. I doubt we'd see many +65 year old retirees coming to the frax compared to the 60 year olds we get now; 2. I believe the opportunities for early buy-outs from the majors are over so there is less insentive to come to the frax for that group; 3. There are still many pilots at the frax young enough to consider going to the majors that are attracted to the lifestyle, potential earnings and hats. I believe that is one of the main reasons for the NJA IBB. Without it, the NJA would start bleeding FOs.

Latest resources

Back