• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FO's complaining about Captains...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WHAT kind of day is it going to be? Is he or she on the centerline for takeoff...a great harbinger of things to come.....as for PCL_128......

learn some humility.... you won't be saving anybody...not with that attitude.....I'm the type a guy who goes in to my cabin wth the fo to straighten the seatbelts.... we're on a 19 seater......lighten up on the trigger.....there young feller

HMMMMM.....I remember flying with NQP (Newly Qualified Pilot's, <100 hours in type) Captains that couldn't fly the airplane very well. When you only have five cycles in a new airplane, it takes a little help from the guy sitting next to you.

IF you guys and girls are seeing this kind of stuff on line, make sure you are not that way when it's your turn. If they are that way someone at some point was like that to them. Remember you guys are on the same team up there. Oh BTW there was one comment on this string that read "it's my name on the release and my ticket on the line, UNTRUE when the FAA comes looking into your actions the bust BOTH NOT JUST ONE unless of course you are the one that the Airline hired with the single pilot type rating. Same team, same team, SAME TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WD.

I flew with some super cool captains, I also flew with d*ckheads from hell that would regularly make a day miserable. But one thing is for certain.... as an FO, watch your captains and take the best qualities you like about every one of them and dump what you don't like. That's how you'll mold yourself into a good captain.

Oh and absolutely... the FAA will come at both - captain and the FO if they have a bone to pick...

I like this scenario:Hi-mins,newly-minted captain,never flown out of this airport before.
Me:"After take-off,we usually get this heading to join this radial,then blah,blah,blah.."

Capt.Spock:"We aren't filed for that,so I doubt we'll get that."

ATC:"Flight XXX,join the XYZ 123 radial,then blah,blah,blah..."

Capt. Spock:"Was that for us ?!..Er,uh..Wha....XYZ ? What radial ? ..."

Me:"How about setting my navs up,sir ."

Capt. Spock:"I can't seem to find it on the chart !"

You know who you are.

I have no problem with my FO's asking questions on how I do and why. The only problems that come up are NOT knowing our company's profiles and/or challenging my requests right then and there. By all means, if the FO thinks that the safety of the flight is in jeopardy......please pipe up, but other then that rare occasion......wait until DINNER to ask pleeeeez. :)

Remember NOBODY likes a smarta$$....:D

Opinions are like a$$holes.....everybody has one!!!

To the good FO's out there (I used to be one).........the easier you make the Captain's job.....the quicker the upgrade (at least in our company).

To ALL pilots with a job......it doesn't matter that we don't make enough.....it doesn't matter we have too many days on the road....what matters now is that we are in a job we love.....(be humble there are more pilots at Home Depot than at the airport doing a walk-around)

Have a GREAT NEW YEAR...........FLY SAFE.:)

I don't really give a $hit who signed the release and who's wearing an odd number of stripes, when it comes down to where the rubber meets the runway, I don't expect anyone to sit on their hands and let anyone elses bad judgment kill them, even if you're flying with the chief pilot and he insist's that TCAS RA was "just a glitch."

Don't ever expect the other guy to save your butt. If you weren't there for redundancy, it would be a single pilot airplane.

FO/Captains

You know it is a good flight if putting the landing gear down
wakes up the Captain! Always my favorite!!!

601Piot

In my book the only thing that the four stripes mean to me is only the fact I've been here longer. Four stripes dosent mean for you to be a

((((((((((.)
OO

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back