• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Foriegners flying 121

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
no such thing as 'english citizenship.' We are British. I have lived over here 16 years, over half of my life, pay taxes, and have a legal right to work here just as much as any U.S citizen. Take your ignorant comments elsewhere, I am just trying to get some pertinent information to help out my career

Why can you not work for a European airline?? You have as much right to work there going through the right channels as I have here.

Please... as a US Citizen... born and raised American.... ignore the ignorant comments of the undereducated. You and anyone seeking a better life are welcome here or anywhere else! Regardless of race, religion, color or creed.... it's the ignorant and intolerant that should be shipped somewhere else!!!! I've lived abroad... everywhere there are racists, just don't let them be welcome anywhere!!

Thanks.. my rant is over!

Anyone who loves the US and enjoys living there and want it no harm, should be allowed equal right to entry and work.

Jamie,

"Flaming" is the FI way - these guys are just laughing at your responses, they're only trying to "wind you up".
As for the advice given about registering with the TSA and getting the ball rolling - that's great advice! As for the citizenship thing, all you tell the INS interviewer is "yes, I'll give up my citizenship" they don't care, nor will they EVER check! It's simply another box to check on their form - play the game. They have bigger problems to concern themselves with. By the way, which regional did you interview with? At RAH, we have quite a few foreign pilots and I would expect HR has alot of experience in dealing with the training nonsense - we're also crying out for Pilots right now - come on over!

no such thing as 'english citizenship.' We are British. I have lived over here 16 years, over half of my life, pay taxes, and have a legal right to work here just as much as any U.S citizen. Take your ignorant comments elsewhere, I am just trying to get some pertinent information to help out my career

If you've been here for 16 years, why, if you don't mind me asking, have you not applied for citizenship?

I'm in the same boat as you. A Brit on a GreenCard and am flying for a 121 carrier. Only pain is when you're getting the initial clearance done. After that - once they know you're kosher it's all straight forward from there. Just one thing. When you do your initial, try and get the SIC Type stamped on your ticket, the reason I say this is that when it comes to going though clearance for a second time (eg moving companies, moving certificates) it speeds up the process quite a bit. Just something I noticed when I recently had to change operating certificates. One BAD point is that you have to pay that TSA fee every single time (it's about $120 I think). Any other questions feel free to ask - I was in your situation once and I just wish someone would have filled me in.

Why can you not work for a European airline?? You have as much right to work there going through the right channels as I have here.

The channels here are blocked up something fierce. But to get a work visa in the EU is even tougher. I think that is why the negative comments. All I have to say is we should get rid of the illegals. You are welcome to stay as long as you like!:beer: It would be much appreciated if you could introduce some decent brewing technology here though!:D

The channels here are blocked up something fierce. But to get a work visa in the EU is even tougher. I think that is why the negative comments. All I have to say is we should get rid of the illegals. You are welcome to stay as long as you like!:beer: It would be much appreciated if you could introduce some decent brewing technology here though!:D

It's the Irish brewing technology that we should be trying to intoduce here.

Latest resources

Back