Foreign registered aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

00Dog

Does anyone know the legality of flying foreign registered airplanes in foreign countries. Also, would that time be counted by the FAA as time towards an ATP?

Flight time is flight time. it counts, period. Just make sure you log it "the american way" that is for example your cross countries over 50 NM, so you can figure out the requirements for the ATP. I did the oposite; I came here with a foreigtn licence at first, then I flew again in Europe, etc... All my flight time is in my US logbook. The only thing you want to research though, is what do you have to do in the country you are going to in order to be able to fly. To come here I just had to go to the FAA, and 30 minutes later I had my US certificate. It was in 1995 though, and things are a little tougher now. But in order to fly an airplane in a certain country, one has to have a licence for that country. If you are going to Europe, I think all you need to do is send photocopies of your logbook, licence, medical to the JAA and a few weeks later you receive a JAA licence valid for a year in the mail... PM me if you have more questions.

Buck

Latest resources

Back