• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For you ALPA bashers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good point about the goading, I didn't even think of it, but you are right. Anyway, gotta go and fill up some buckets with drinking water, we just had a Tsunami warning here. I may not have to fly to PDX today!

It was ALPA that got CO their greatest gains since Lorenzo raped them. Any problems they have now would be far worse without ALPA.

ALPA's pos02 contract was delivered to us by liars and thieves and was a disgrace to the profession. It was by far and large a giant step backwards for the CAL pilots. To even think that ALPA has made any gains on the property is a joke.

Last edited:
Your union is as only as strong as its membership. For those of you who hate ALPA, nobody is forcing you to be a member. You still have to pay shop fees, and your work rules are still covered under your respective CBA, though.
ALPA has screwed me over. That is why they got my job back from a wrongful termination a few years ago . And when I lost my medical, is was ALPA aeromedical that went to bat for me and helped me re-obtain my medical.
ALPA is not the supreme savior of this profession. Only WE, as pilots are. When we had pilots paying for training or taking jobs with substandard pay, things got bad. If we continue, then things would NEVER get better. During the middle 2000's, many regionals took deep concessions for growth. What if, every regional grew a set of b*lls and said "No concessions for growth." Trust me, it would not have degraded our profession as much as it did. And I am sure the race to the bottom would never have started. ALPA can not control whether an airline furloughs, run under staffed or shuts down, but they can lobby the idiots in DC who constantly try to further degrade the profession.
Now I know many of you will not agree and will probably bash me, but that's ok. As long as you do not threaten me or my family.
But look who goes to fight for our profession on capital hill. Who squares off the the TSA everytime they come up with some senseless security directive that affects pilots. Who is being a bane to congress and senate on bankruptcy and pension reform? Who is still harassing the senate over flight time and duty times and rest?
I do not necessarily agree with evrything they do. But I doubt they sit up their in the offices in Herndon, VA thinking how they can screw people over.
They made mistakes, but one should learn from them and move on.

ALPA's pos02 contract was delivered to us by liars and thieves and was a disgrace to the profession. It was by far and large a giant step backwards for the CAL pilots. To even think that ALPA has made any gains on the property is a joke.
Why did you elect liars and thieves? Why did you not recall liars and thieves? If you elected these people isn't it fair to say the contract you'd get would be unsat?

Why do you put coal in and expect a diamond?

Why are you not part of the problem....?

Why did you elect liars and thieves? Why did you not recall liars and thieves? If you elected these people isn't it fair to say the contract you'd get would be unsat?

Why do you put coal in and expect a diamond?

Why are you not part of the problem....?

Yeah.. typical ALPA line. "Its all your fault for letting us screw you."

That is exactly what our reps at USAir said for years. Now they bitch that we listened to them and tossed their A$$ (and their national handlers) OUT. :D

Yeah, and it's really worked wonders for you, too. Those $125/hr 737 captains are just living the dream under uSAPa. :rolleyes:

Yeah, and it's really worked wonders for you, too. Those $125/hr 737 captains are just living the dream under uSAPa. :rolleyes:

PCL, It means more than you will ever know that you were the first to respond to my post. I was really hoping for it to be Rez, but I suppose you'll have to do.:D

xxoo

Turtle

Yeah.. typical ALPA line. "Its all your fault for letting us screw you."

That is exactly what our reps at USAir said for years. Now they bitch that we listened to them and tossed their A$$ (and their national handlers) OUT. :D
Claiming victim status for yourself is embarrasing.

Claiming victim status for yourself is embarrasing.

Does the caviar really taste that good? Gonna let the ALPAphiles vote on their president yet?

I voted on him, April 17th.

Rez, you want to be in the circle of trust. I know ya do. All ya gotta do is submit to the pilot vote. I know, I know. Its scary to think you might not be smarter than all the pilots put together. :D

Latest resources

Back