• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For SWA Poolies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To be realistic about hiring, SWA lines have to return to 07 levels of around 90 plus hours a month. .

"I do hope that we get are line totals up for the people that do hold a line can return to the 90 to 100 plus trip total."

May trip avg was 94.4 with a max line of about 106 trips. Lots of VJA and JA on the FO side and the occasional VJA/JA on the CA side. Lots of other small, but encouraging signs. I predict hiring in late fall or early next year. No classes really possible until after RNP step 4 is complete in Nov. YMMV

Good luck to us all!

Some of us don't want 100- 110 tfp a month. I personality like to average 85 - 90 tfp tops. Summer way less. :) Enjoy life it comes at you fast....

I agree with Scoreboard, until the lines get more dense and productive, we still have a ways to go before we need to hire. I don't think any new classes until 2011 either. I'm also concerned that with the latest round of consolidation that GK will feel pressured to go out and merge with either FL or B6 in order to maintain and grow market share on the East Coast. If that happens, I would say no new classes until 2013 at the earliest after age 65 starts to kick in again.

I agree with Scoreboard, until the lines get more dense and productive, we still have a ways to go before we need to hire. I don't think any new classes until 2011 either. I'm also concerned that with the latest round of consolidation that GK will feel pressured to go out and merge with either FL or B6 in order to maintain and grow market share on the East Coast. If that happens, I would say no new classes until 2013 at the earliest after age 65 starts to kick in again.

Maybe buy FL, there is no longer a B6. They are now Republic. If Gary wants the B6 assets , he will just write a Check to Republic for the pieces SWA wants. If that happens I feel you will see new hire classes. ( With pilots from the SWA pool) JMO

What about buying F9's junk....Staple job for those who choose to come with said "junk" or not for those that want to remain regional pilots.

Maybe buy FL, there is no longer a B6. They are now Republic. If Gary wants the B6 assets , he will just write a Check to Republic for the pieces SWA wants. If that happens I feel you will see new hire classes. ( With pilots from the SWA pool) JMO

Jet Blue got bought by Republic too?

Been off for 4 days. Been called for VJA out of MDW, HOU, BWI and MCO a total of 7 times. I did one. In the seat 57 minutes, paid 13 TFP. Manning/avg monthly tfp is/are FINALLY getting back to normal... Classes early 2011 is my guess. I could be wrong. :beer:

Also, the projected AUG-OCT sched reduction will not be as deep as initially thought. Several trans-cons have been kept as permanent additions to the sched through that time period.

Last edited:
I bid reserve in April again on purpose. I flew 3 that's right count em 3 days. They did not use me on my reserve blocks for three weeks in a row. It has been this way for a few months now. April was not the only time this has happened to me. I went back to a hardline for May to do some flying for a change. There is no way we need to hire with reserve utilization this low in some of the bases.

The Manager of pilot hiring was in my buddy's jump seat last month. He said NO classes for 2010 planned at this time. All subject to change of course but he was expecting nothing for a year. I want new hires here as much as anyone but seriously all information from the GO says it's not going to happen this year.

Latest resources

Back