? for Pinnacle pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

norskman2

If you know in advance a few months out that you're going to need four days off in a row, is there a way to maneuver that as a first-year FO with no vacation time? Thx in advance.

That will most likely require a trip to the doctor.

That will most likely require a trip to the doctor.
*snicker*

Sad, but true. Bid for it off, if you don't get it, call in sick. Don't even bother trying to drop it, that only alerts them to the idea that the sick call may be bogus.

Not that I would ever advocate anything illegal or noncontractual. :rolleyes:

I agree with both doingtime and lear70. If you need days off. Try to bid it off. If you dont get just call in sick. I had an issue i had to take care off, tried to drop it, denied, tried to trade it, no one wanted it. Tried personal leave, and it was a hassle getting that done. I learned next time i need some time for something uber important like your own wedding or family member deathly sick or in trouble. F it, just call in sick.

I always knew it as "sick at a time vacation"

you can try all the other methods.. it depends on staffing, which will be non-existent for months to come. Actually I think were once properly staffed in '02 or '03...

If you know in advance a few months out that you're going to need four days off in a row, is there a way to maneuver that as a first-year FO with no vacation time? Thx in advance.

As a first yerar FO, assuming that you have not even begun training yet otherwise you would not be asking this question here, you are going to have about 5-6 months as reserve. This means you will have a guarantee 10 days off a month. If you need specific days off where you were given reserve duty, you may be able to switch out reserve days with another FO, scheduling will not help you out. They would rather give you the rope to hang yourself than pull you down from the tree.

It states in the contract that reserves are allowed to swap reserve days with other days off....so you can trade your reserve days with other days off to get the days you need off. You will end up having a couple 6 day reserve periods, but you might be able to get what you need off. If not, then use FMLA. Then the company is federally restricted from punishing you (assuming you can get the paperwork filled out).

Latest resources

Back