Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BradG

Poor Flight Instructor
Im looking to move to Chicago to go to DePaul. I've got my CFII/MEI and would like to do some flying and instructing on the side. Anyone know if theres anywhere good to look at, hopefully somewhere i can get to by the "L" or bus, as im going to sell my car if i move. Thanks

B

Chicago market

I live in Chicago, near DePaul. Not sure about the market for CFI's in Chicago, but there are really not any airports easy to get to using public transportation, except MDW and ORD. With Meigs closed, your best alternative would probably be Palwaukee. You could take a Metra train out to Wheeling, but it is still at least a mile or two from the train station to the airport. Unless you work in the city, you really need a car to do most stuff in surrounding areas.

Even the L to MDW doesn't get you very close to the GA ramp. it takes you to the main terminal.

There is some flight training at midway. There is lots out of Palwaukee on the northside but like tlax25 said, there is not good public transport to PWK from the City. You can take Metra out west to the schaumburg stop which is fairly close to the Schaumburg airport. Northwest Aviation are the only flight school at schaumburg. The station is probably a half mile from the flight school... something like that. It would be a short bicycle ride if you had a bike.

Or you can just keep going West on the Metra and go to the station near the Dupage Co. airport. Not sure of the distance but it's not a walk.

Chad

Latest resources

Back