Flying for Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

exagony

Anyone have any info about Avantair? Pay scales (more than just year 1) if anyone has them. Realistic forst year pay with overtime etc figured in. How is management, how is the flying and where is most of your flying done ie Bahamas, East Coast or is it everywhere in the US.

If you don't work at Avantair or don't have valid info please don't hijack this as some have in past Avantair threads. Really need some solid info before I send in my resume.

30K salary for first year FO. 5K upgrade bonus. Then 40K first year CPT, then 44K after 6 months, then 47 K.

$2.00/hr per diem

401K, health plan, vision. etc.

Last ad on climto350.com (Feb 22) had DEN, DFW, ORD for bases but previous ads had in addition BOS, PHX, EWR, and PIE.

Schedule is 8/6 at present time.

Fly all over the US, including Bahamas, and Mexico, and Canada.

You are right, but I thought the pay was 47K on year 1 anniversary. Then 53K on year 2 aniversary, year 3=64K.

FOs still start at 30K, then 32K after year 1, then 34K after year 2.

The way it was explained to me, if one was to be hired today as a street captain, their pay would be 47k, going to 53k on their anniversary date. Before that, it was hired as capt, 40k, after 6mo's 44k, after 1yr 47. Also, I think pay is going based on seniority, so if one upgrades after 1 yr, their pay would go to 2nd yr capt pay. At least that ws what I was told. hope this helps any Avantair hopefulls.

That would be interesting. A street capt hired 6 months ago would be making 44K. A new hire street capt starting tomorrow would make 47K?

I have also heard nomore off the street capts anymore. Upgrades will come from FOs.

RoughAir said:
I have also heard nomore off the street capts anymore. Upgrades will come from FOs.

You are correct sir. However, there aren't any FO's being hired at the moment either.

Does the pay continue to increase after the 3rd year?

RoughAir said:
previous ads had in addition BOS, PHX, EWR, and PIE.

EWR is fine for me but are they abandoning CDW? It seems the EWR base would just be for home basing purposes, surely they wouldn't fly their aircraft out of there.

Latest resources

Back