Flying Clubs or Renting in Jackson, MI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CAK@4000

Looking for a little bit of information.....
I'm giving up my job at a regional airline to resume working in the real world, but want to keep flying. My Wife and I are moving to Jackson, Michigan so I can take an Engineering job. Does anyone know of any good flying clubs in the area that may be looking for members, or a good FBO to rent from. Also, I'd like to get my hand back into instructing part time. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

I don't have any info for you. Just wanted to say good luck and hope your success is overwhelming!

Fellow CAK FO

There is Jackson Community college at JXN, also there are a ton of schools around toledo. Try Grand Aire Flight school at Toledo Express (TOL) 419-861-6714

Try the folks over at Marshall airport it would only be about a 30-40 min drive to the West down I-94. They have a ton of rental aircraft and the last I knew they were reasonably priced.

Good luck

Try BTL -- Western Michigan University moved their flight ops to that airport and they could have rentals. Probably $$

Marshall is a good idea!!

Pick up a "Great Lakes Aviation News" when you get to town. There might be a listing for fly clubs. Also, ask around at the airport diner. They are many pilots in that area who could point you in the right direction.

Good Luck with the new job (and Jackson). Just remember, civilization is only 20 minutes away to the east....Ann Arbor!!

Speaking of Ann Arbor, try the FBO!! They could probably set you up w/ a flying club.

Latest resources

Back