Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

eriknorth

Hi everyone,
My flying club at school is beginning the battle of buying an airplane. We are a new club, and so fundraising is going to be harder than more established clubs, but we feel that we can do it. We are looking to buy a C-172. We of course can't get a brand new plane, hot off the press, but we do want it to be properly equipped for any training that the club will be doing (both private and instrument). Do any of you know any good places to start looking to buy, or any tips on having a club plane for any of you alumni who had a club? We have several good fundraisers coming up, but have any of you found any fundraisers that have worked surprisingly well? Thanks for your input. And for those who will find something to flame me on (as is tradition on this board), thank you as well. They're fun to read.:D

-eriknorth

Hey-

I just wanted to say hello, ask how your training is coming, and make a recommendation for your club plane: a P or N model Skyhawk, one with a 180 hp Pen Yan conversion. I've flown several examples of this plane, and I like it alot. Great value for the dollar.

If your club likes low-wings, an Archer II, pa 28 181 (longer wing) is also a good choice.

Good Luck

A

Hey,
It has been a while. Thanks for the recommendation. I have about 20 hours now, and I'm hoping to finish up my private by early new year. We'll look into those planes. Check out my homepage. There's some good stuff there. Any advice on where to look to buy? It seems as if aero trader can't be the only option.
-C

Aero Trader, Trade a Plane, and Ebay are some options.

Well you could get a Russian Mig-21 its only $55K on ebay right now.

Otherwise almost any Skyhawk is good, but consider some Piper products, as they can be a usefull diversion from the everyday Cessna.

Latest resources

Back