flyi to furlough 154 more

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tarp

Independence Air just sent us our new numbers.

154 more to be furloughed, 72 Captains displaced. Brings our new total to 457 total furloughed.

Start December and run through March on a sliding schedule.

The hits just keep on coming.

The rumor mill ups the official number by another 200 - i.e. saying that another wave will follow this first announcement as we are forced to retire some CRJ's from practice to deliver a more workable product. The little voices say that 4 of our CRJ's are for sale.

The captain has ordered the new deck chairs to be arranged so that you, our guests, get wonderful views of the icebergs.

Tarp,

I think your total number of furloughed should read 257 unless I really haven't been paying attention lately.

BR

What?

457 furloughed????????? What, there is 115 now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!on furlough! Can someone do the math correctly???????

Tooslow said:
457 furloughed????????? What, there is 115 now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!on furlough! Can someone do the math correctly???????
I know at least one of those furloughs wouldn't accept a recall unless she were dragged there by the National Guard... I believe she sent in her resignation letter a good while ago, so would he still be counted as a furlough? Could that be why there are some discrepancies?

Those aren't just little voices talking about selling CRJs.

In the last earnings conference call, Kerry Skeen mentioned that they're actively trying to sell 4 CRJs.

Guess who's in London right now...talking with "you know who" about $$$$.

Don't buy that Independence Air embroidered carry-on just yet...

Got The Letter

I had a certified letter today from Indy Air. Saying that I will be furloughed Jan 1 2005. I called the chief pilot and he said it looks like it will be at least one year and that is a maybe. My hire date was July 22, 2002. At least I am on active duty with the Air Force for another 6 months.
Someone said about money for furloughed pilots, but told all the money is gone.

Skywest, ASA, ExpressJet, Chautauqua, among others are all hiring. We at Comair have been hiring at a trickle, but I wouldn't expect any mass hiring over here any time soon (although they do like CRJ guys, so it's probably worth shooting a resume over).

Best of luck to all my Blue Ridge/Indy Air buds.

KAK

Latest resources

Back