FLL - SJU Startup

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BigFlyr

I heard there's going to be a new airline operating between FLL and SJU... Anyone know anything about it?

Last edited:
Sorry, that was not a good post,

I have heard that they have an American backer and they have deep pockets. I know that they had plans to have jet service to the states at some point. This may be it, not sure though

Long route length for a Dash-8, I believe that FLL-SJU flown by a foreign carrier would violate US cabbotage laws. Do not permit point to point service within the US

They're one in the same

DC9stick said:
Long route length for a Dash-8, I believe that FLL-SJU flown by a foreign carrier would violate US cabbotage laws. Do not permit point to point service within the US

You're right, it does. The FLL FSDO just finished the 121 cert for Carribean Sun Airways (same owner as Carribean Star) They are the ones planning on running the FLL-SJU route. But that is a lil' while down the road. That is pending approval from the FAA and purchase of larger equip. (i.e 737NG or Airbus) Right now they are going to be using the Carribean Sun Dash-8's to run the "domestic" routes like SJU-STT and others. As well as linking service with Carribean Star in Antigua. The whole operation is backed by a very wealthy (billions) investment banker from Houston.

--03M

Latest resources

Back