Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fussle

Oh John...
Has anyone used the King Schools Jeppesen Review DVD or their ATP program? Also, are the Air Facts or Advanced weather flying DVDs by Richard Collins any good?

John and Martha King know their stuff; but, their DVD's give me nightmares haha. In all seriousness though I have nothing against their Jeppesen DVD. However, Jeppesen themselves have a chart review DVD that is very good. If you're looking for a review of Jeppesen charts the DVD put out by the company itself is the way to go. Before going into my airline interview I had never used a jeppesen chart before. The only review I had of them was the DVD. I felt perfectly comfortable and confident in the interview looking at and answer questions on the jepps.

Thanks for the response. I am looking for a quick, but thorough review of the Jeppesen charts. I will probably get the Jeppesen DVD since it is much cheaper.

The King videos are the worst training media out there, bar nothing.

Sporty's actually makes a decent set, as does Jepp.

The kings are far more concerned with stopping the visual presentation to step in front of the camera and get filmed talking, than actually teaching anything.

Nice folks, but very poor products.

I say Dick Collins videos are better than most. I have never tried Jeps. but There are some pretty interesting things in the Sporty's versions. ASA videos are not all that good. They just give brief info and are only meant for short review just before the test. I will soon try Jeps Commerial DVD.

Latest resources

Back