• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Subsidies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Macon, GA is subsidized by the Feds for DAL. Who wants to fly in or out of this dump...... Bouyyyy...

Anybody catch this article in the USA Today?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2007-12-30-cheap-flights_N.htm

Any thoughts?

Heyas,

I flew for an EAS carrier out in the midwest. Despite making two stops on the way, we'd hardly EVER have more than 5-6 people get off in MSP.

Despite the LARGE federal subsidy for the service (for which the communities paid nothing), not to mention the fact that there was ANY service at all, we'd get nothing but complaints from the airport manager where I was based and from all the passengers (the airplane is SOOOO small) despite running a reasonably on time operation.

They would go on and on about how North Central would run Convairs and DC-9s into these places. I finally told the airport manager to either pony up the cash, re-regulate the industry or STFU.

Nu

Burn Eas Down To The Ground, And Give The Taxpayers-You And I-Our Money Back.
Agreed.

EAS doesn't work, it stifles innovation and is yet another reason to increase taxes. If these folks want air service, let them pay for it.

There are about a million programs like this at the federal government level. As long as the current crooks (democrats, republicans) are in power nothing will change. I'm voting for Ron Paul in the upcoming primary because I think he's the only candidate who would actually do something about government waste.

Its been a while since I flew EAS, but......I was under the impression that taxes from foreign carriers paid the the tax that supports EAS.

Latest resources

Back