• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Instructor Renewal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you are a current part 121 or 135 captain then simply go to your FSDO and as a "courtesy" they will renew it for you. Just take your certificates, medical, and current paper work showing that you are a captain at your company. Most fsdo's will do this however I have heard that on a rare occasion they may not. I personally just upgraded to captain a short while ago so I have not been able to put this to the test however the inspector on my ride who was observing said that I will be A-ok to renew when mine is up to expire. Most of our other captains have done this with "0" problems.

Good Luck

3 5 0

CFI Renewal

350DRIVER said:
If you are a current part 121 or 135 captain then simply go to your FSDO and as a "courtesy" they will renew it for you.
For that matter, if you have a annual or semi-annual ride coming up, prepare your 8710 and keep it in your flight bag. After the fed gives you your ride, approach him/her politely and ask if he/she would be willing to renew your certificate. Most of the time, they will.

You can also do the "wings " program. You donate your instruction time to 3 pilots and the fsdo will sign off on it. They usally have a weekend of seminars too.

I just do a check ride with the DE I use. Half a days work and I get some insight into his ride style.

The EASIEST way to get your CFI renewed is to go to the CLE FSDO and ask them to do it while you wait.

They are very cool there and will be happy to renew it, no questions asked. In fact, they just have you fill out the top section of the 8710 and in about 3 minutes you are on your way.

Call the FSDO and make sure there will be a CFI renewal person there that day. Here's the number: 440.686.2001

I do it there...and I live in HOU!

AF is no brainer

I used AF. I can't comment on the conent. I never read any of it. I have high speed internet. Every time you bump the mouse the clock online would keep time for 10 or 15 minutes. I would either surf with the AF window minimized, or I would just bump the mouse periodically.

Latest resources

Back