Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rjpilot7667

Hey everyone,

We are currently looking for a new new way to do costing at our department. Currently we are using a charge system which takes all of the costs and then divides that by the number of hours we plan to fly.

Needless to say with flying way down we look uber expensive. Have any of you found new innovative ways to do costing that makes it look less expensive to the end user? Please PM me.

Thanks in advance...

You can divide it by miles if you want the number to look smaller but its still the same $ in the end :)

You can always show fixed costs on a per-month basis, and operating costs on a per-hour basis.

Can you factor in how your execs save timewise? Just a thought.

I think your best bet is to eliminate all costs that are not directly related to the flight. Essentially, just show your hourly costs as fuel and maintenance. Then, list yearly costs as travel expenses, salaries, insurance, etc.

It doesn't matter what tricks you use, the first thing to go in a down economy is the airplane. The real problem is the upcoming year...no one is talking about it, but the second dip is coming and it may be huge....depression huge. But let's hope not!

The real problem is the upcoming year...no one is talking about it, but the second dip is coming and it may be huge....depression huge. But let's hope not!

They aren't. We peaked on Wed. The next 10 to 12 months will be a decline. That will be followed by a 2 year recovery before the US government hits the magical 115% debt to GDP ratio in late 2014, early 2015 and the world economy really tanks...hello second depression.

Start saving now guys...in 4 years we'll all be begging for a job at 7/11.

I hate to be pessimistic like that, but I just don't see our government doing what needs to be done to avoid the obvious fate.

Hi ksu - not busting your chops, but what do you find magical about 115%? CIA Fact Book - Public Debt, est 2009 and Wikipedia - List of countries by public debt

KSU - the Oracle of FI... So now you say "no one is talking about it", "second dip", "depression huge" and "hope"... and prior to that in another thread you refer to the magical 115%... which you never bothered to explain. Pretty cryptic Nostradamus...

2nd & 3rd quotes are from this thread

As to rjpilot7667 - let me get this straight. You work for an individual or company who at some level can afford a set of wings and you the pilot wants to work with the numbers - no less you are looking for tips on a message board... LMAO Excrement still smells no matter what you call it. If you are successful though, we the people will no doubt be very happy to vote you into office...

KSU - the Oracle of FI... So now you say "no one is talking about it", "second dip", "depression huge" and "hope"... and prior to that in another thread you refer to the magical 115%... which you never bothered to explain. Pretty cryptic Nostradamus...

2nd & 3rd quotes are from this thread

As to rjpilot7667 - let me get this straight. You work for an individual or company who at some level can afford a set of wings and you the pilot wants to work with the numbers - no less you are looking for tips on a message board... LMAO Excrement still smells no matter what you call it. If you are successful though, we the people will no doubt be very happy to vote you into office...

You honestly can't be serious and you obviously have no idea of what you are talking about. Flight department costing is a legitimate question for us that are concerned with saving corporate aviation; and I hope that we can read between the lines when your resume comes across our desk. I'm sure I can pick out that you are a DB just from that shameful document. Not everyone is trying to pull one over on the shareholders. But thanks for chiming in you ignorant a$$. Your lack of any real knowledge has really shown through.

Depends what you want to accomplish... but you could try Seat Cost/Mile, Cost per mile, Seat Cost/hour... Basically divide the cost by the number of seats - sometimes can help in justifying a corporate jet over airlines and makes the number appear smaller depending on the jet. ... just a thought.

Needless to say with flying way down we look uber expensive. Have any of you found new innovative ways to do costing that makes it look less expensive to the end user? Please PM me.

Thanks in advance...

You honestly can't be serious and you obviously have no idea of what you are talking about. Flight department costing is a legitimate question for us that are concerned with saving corporate aviation; and I hope that we can read between the lines when your resume comes across our desk. I'm sure I can pick out that you are a DB just from that shameful document. Not everyone is trying to pull one over on the shareholders. But thanks for chiming in you ignorant a$$. Your lack of any real knowledge has really shown through.

You are looking for a new way to twist the numbers so you don't appear so expensive, no? You said so in your opening message.

The suggestions above are good, because the costs on the spreadsheet will look lower. If your execs multiply it out, the final cost should be the same. You are still trying to twist your budget numbers to look more cost effective. You said so yourself.

Latest resources

Back